The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Official LSE firmer thread 2014

Hey guys,
This is the thread for those applicants that are planning to/ already firmed LSE on UCAS for September 2014

Here's the link to the LSE entry thread if you want to discuss your current application process :
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2313610

Congrats to those that have been made an offer,here we can discuss about post-application process ( accommodation, financial support) and of course, our excitement ! :wink:

Really can't wait to go there next September!

Have fun :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Firmed up LSE today; Environmental Policy w/ Economics :biggrin:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Ah, good job Hieuluu.

I firmed LSE for Law. Exciting times!
Firmed LSE last night BSc Philosophy and Economics can't wait to start it's gonna be AWESOME!! :banana:
Reply 4
I'll be firming Maths with Economics in the next few weeks, once i build up the courage to! :biggrin:
Original post by kingmango
I'll be firming Maths with Economics in the next few weeks, once i build up the courage to! :biggrin:

I'm in the exact same situation! 99% Sure I'll be firming LSE for Maths with Economics, should I wait until after the visit day or get it done now?
Reply 6
Original post by QuestionsQ
Ah, good job Hieuluu.

I firmed LSE for Law. Exciting times!

Haha no problem :smile:
i can't wait to firm, but i have to wait for Bath to reply! they set a date on 15th. I frankly do not care :biggrin:
Going to firm for Management :smile: too exciting.
I'm pretty much certain i'll be firming for Social Anthropology :borat:
I'm planning on firming for Maths and Economics, definitely my first choice!
Firmed Law like a boss.
Reply 10
Have an offer for Law. I still have to hear back from KCL and Birmingham, but I'm pretty much set on firming LSE. Hopefully I manage to meet the A*AA offer.
Reply 11
Gonna firm LSE straight Econ as soon as I get decisions from UCL :tongue:
Reply 12
Anyone been looking at accommodation yet?

Yeah, bankside's quite expensive so I'm looking at the 31 week contracts. Any take your interest?

i've been looking at Passfields :smile:
Reply 15
Firming LSE for law post oxford rejection
Reply 16
Original post by NedStark
Yeah, bankside's quite expensive so I'm looking at the 31 week contracts. Any take your interest?

I really like the look of bankside, although it is quite expensive. I'll have to do a lot more research on it before I choose though. How does the whole accommodation thing work, like when do we apply and find out and stuff like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really like the look of bankside, although it is quite expensive. I'll have to do a lot more research on it before I choose though. How does the whole accommodation thing work, like when do we apply and find out and stuff like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

According to the website, it opens in March so we've got plenty of time. I think we apply to 3 LSE halls in order of preference and 3 inter-collegiate halls in order of preference, then we decide if we prefer LSE or inter-collegiate halls so effectively we have 6 ranked choices. LSE will then allocate us according to their spaces and our preference.

If you live in London then you can still apply in March but they'll hold your application until the end of June 2013. If you don't live in London then they'll allocate accommodation in batches up until the deadline.
Reply 18
The LSE offer-holders pack just came in the post. After reading through the pack, I'm starting to feel extra-motivated to get the grades and meet the offer(A*AA, heck!).. fingers crossed for the A-level exams in the summer.
Original post by Hell0
The LSE offer-holders pack just came in the post. After reading through the pack, I'm starting to feel extra-motivated to get the grades and meet the offer(A*AA, heck!).. fingers crossed for the A-level exams in the summer.

You'll be fine - making the offer is the easy part! What subjects do you do?

I've firmed LSE for Law.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending