The Student Room Group

Computer Resolution Issue

I was undecided on whether this should go into the Laptops or Gaming sub-forums so I put it here.

I have a 13" Macbook Pro with retina display. I bought football manager 2014, and it played fine the first few days I had it. However, the last couple of days I can't use it. I've attached a picture, but basically everything seems to have been moved down, leaving a grey bar at the top of my screen with nothing in it. The mouse is also out of sync with what's on the screen, as if I want to press a button I have to hover my mouse about an inch above it to be able to press it. You'll see in the attached picture where my mouse has to be to press the quit button, and it's the same for the whole screen.

I contacted the Sega support, and the guy seemed pretty useless. He thinks it's a resolution issue, which I'm not disputing could be the case. However, he told me a totally different way to adjust my resolution, which I think would work on an iMac, but not a Macbook. Eventually I got to the screen he told me to get to, and he said to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080. However, there isn't an option for that on my Macbook! The options it gives are:

Looks like 1024x640
Best (Retina)
Looks like 1440x900
Looks like 1680x1050

So what can I do to play this game again? I don't get why it worked fine before then now doesn't work, either. Most of all, I paid a decent amount for this game and need to get my moneys worth :lol:

Original post by Mechie
So what can I do to play this game again? I don't get why it worked fine before then now doesn't work, either. Most of all, I paid a decent amount for this game and need to get my moneys worth :lol:

Hvae you experienced similar issues with any other apps?

First things I'd try;
*Change the resolution to a different one, any should do, apply the changes (you may need to restart the game for it to happen), then revert back to the desired resolution
*If that doesn't work, reinstall the game. If you use Steam you should be able to retain any saved data through their Cloud Save feature, not sure if it's about downloads/installs from other sources though since I'm not familiar with the game.

Hopefully that helps :h:
Reply 2
Nope, no issues with any other application, and this one just seemed to come on suddenly :nope:

I've changed the resolution to the ones available and it just makes the game be off-centred in a different way, which isn't much use either :lol:

Thanks for the info about the cloud save, I would never have thought of it otherwise. It's syncing to the cloud now, but it seems to have been at 0% for a while. When it syncs I'll try to reinstall the game.

It just seems so weird that the game suddenly came on with this issue, and the guy from Sega didn't really help.
Reply 3
I've just reinstalled the game, and I've got the same issue. I really don't know what to do.
Reply 5

I saw that thread and tried it, but it just ended up removing my save games without solving the issue so I just restored the files.

I've managed to get a kind of workaround. I downloaded the app QuickRes, which can change the resolution. When I put the resolution to 1280x800 it kinda works. I can play the game perfectly functionally, but it's as if it's 99% correct. Sometimes when hovering over a player name it doesn't underline, as if it's very slightly out of sync, but I think I can work with it.

Obviously I'd rather have it fixed properly, but in the absence of that then this will do.

Latest

Trending

Trending