The Student Room Group

Social Work Scotland

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by joden
I applied to rgu at end of nov, got acknowledgement couple of days later but nothing yet. Wish they would let you know, waiting is awful!!

yeah the waiting is really bad....its like ur lifes on hold waiting for a decision and u cant plan ahead. ud think they would find a quicker way of goin thru the apps lol.
Reply 21
They must have a yes or no pile by now and if they dont they need to organise themselves..lol!
Reply 22
Original post by joden
They must have a yes or no pile by now and if they dont they need to organise themselves..lol!

Exactly!! Surely they must have an idea of the stress that affects us potential students :frown:
still not heard a peep from Cale, and nothing else from Stathy or UWS.. stressssing!
Reply 24
Whats the saying....no news is good news?? I'm still waiting too!
Reply 25
Hi! I've applied for UG at Dundee, Stirling, RGU, Strathclyde and Edin. Through to next stage for Dundee and Stirling and interview for RGU but nothing from the rest!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by boo19
Hi! I've applied for UG at Dundee, Stirling, RGU, Strathclyde and Edin. Through to next stage for Dundee and Stirling and interview for RGU but nothing from the rest!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey :smile: how did u find out that ur thru to the next stage at Stirling? All I got from then was that they will let me kno in march whether I'm successful or not :frown:
Reply 27
I got an email a few weeks back, asking me to answer personal questions and case studies. Where have you heard from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by boo19
I got an email a few weeks back, asking me to answer personal questions and case studies. Where have you heard from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
Yeah I've read they're really late in replying!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
finally got an email from Caley today asking for copies of my certificates to be scanned over to them. its not looking good tho as she said they would be looking for a 'b' in my graded unit and i only managed to get a 'c' :'( .....still im gna keep my fingers crossed and hope/pray for a miracle!! At least i can let some of u know that Caley are now goin thru applications :wink: good luck everyone
Reply 31
Original post by becciburt
my interview was actually really great, it was in three parts; a group discussion, an individual interview and then a written test. Good luck!!!

Hey I have an interview at cali in a few weeks could u tell me anything about it hope u have good news from ur interview xx
Reply 32
Original post by daisy1243
Hey I have an interview at cali in a few weeks could u tell me anything about it hope u have good news from ur interview xx

Is ur interview for the BA or masters? I'm going in same waiting for a decision as I really wanna go to caley. When did they get back to you with an interview date? :smile:
Reply 33
Mine is masters I've applied for I got an interview email today it's in 2 weeks time xx
Reply 34
Mine is masters I've applied for I got an interview email today it's in 2 weeks time xx

Fantastic news...best of luck to u :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Sww14
Fantastic news...best of luck to u :smile:

Thanks u aswell I hope u hear soon is urs ug I'm at Strathclyde just now finishing ug degree in may xx
Reply 36
Thanks u aswell I hope u hear soon is urs ug I'm at Strathclyde just now finishing ug degree in may xx

Yeah for u/g. Iv also applied to Strathclyde. Can u give me any tips? Is the course really tough? Do u recommend any books etc? I'm sooo nervous at the thought of not getting a place :frown:
Reply 37
I'm not doing social work although my course is similar and has same lecturers I'm doing social services and education. So it's slightly different it's actually the first year it's been an honours degree . Don't be nervous I'm sure u will get a place social work, they always talk about how important reflective. Practice is and current social work issues so that might come up but if not just be urself u will be great the lecturers are fab xx
Reply 38
I'm not doing social work although my course is similar and has same lecturers I'm doing social services and education. So it's slightly different it's actually the first year it's been an honours degree . Don't be nervous I'm sure u will get a place social work, they always talk about how important reflective. Practice is and current social work issues so that might come up but if not just be urself u will be great the lecturers are fab xx

Thankyou so much got the advice, much appreciated :smile:
Good luck with ur interview and let me know how u get on :wink:
Reply 39
Just got an unconditional to study social work UG at Stirling!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest