The Student Room Group

Social Work Scotland

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daisy1243
Well if u do go for an interview at langside let me know I'll tell u who will do it and what it's like lol xx

Thank you both so much for that information! I'll definitely look in to that:smile: still keeping my fingers crossed for all of us getting what we want:smile: xxx
Reply 61
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by AshRobertson
Thank you both so much for that information! I'll definitely look in to that:smile: still keeping my fingers crossed for all of us getting what we want:smile: xxx

Any news yet ash?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sww14
Any news yet ash?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope! I got my feedback from UWS, theu said I sounded great and very enthusiastic but not entirely what they were looking for:frown: with the lack of response from Cale I'm assuming they think the same! You?
Reply 64
Original post by AshRobertson
Nope! I got my feedback from UWS, theu said I sounded great and very enthusiastic but not entirely what they were looking for:frown: with the lack of response from Cale I'm assuming they think the same! You?

For god sake...that's not very clear - I mean wot exactly are they lookin for then lol!!
I got a rejection from Stirling but I'm not that bothered about it as it's a bit too far away for me to travel to each day but I am annoyed at them as the reason they gave is that I'm not expected to achieve the required results....but I already have lol!
Not heard from caley since I sent then my certificates so I'm pretty much in the same boat as u...but I have to admit I'm not feeling very optimistic about it :frown: I want caley sooo bad as well!!
Also iv seen a few people on here saying they received a second essay request from caley and iv not heard a peep.
Still nothing from Strathclyde either.
It's lookin like il have to reapply next year.
Iv still to hear back about the BA education & social services course I was telling u about as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yup, I'm still waiting on Cale and Strathy! Hope they get back to us soon:smile:
Reply 66
well I heard back from Strathclyde for my masters in social work and had to submit another personal statement and an essay so that's it done and sent away but I got a letter from uws giving me a conditional into my back up masters which is alcohol and drug studies all I have to do is pass my degree so that should be OK lol hope we all hear soon I have my Cale interview this week swell xx
Reply 67
Ah so Strathclyde don't do interviews for their masters, just a second written submission? I'm still waiting to hear from them. I heard from Glasgow Caley over the weekend inviting me to interview, but as I live in the Shetland Isles I can't afford to travel down twice if Strathclyde were going to invite me to inteview too! Still waiting to hear from Edinburgh too, I submitted the second stage paperwork a few weeks back. All this waiting, quite frustrating! Good luck guys!
Reply 68
Strathclyde masters is paperwork based there are no interviews for admission, when was ur Cale interview
Reply 69
That's good to hear, thank you. My interview is Saturday 15th March, when is yours?
Reply 70
my interview is on wednesday although I don't think I'll be accepted this year probably need to go again next yea as my degree is not an honours although they said to me as I have alot of practically experience they take that into consideration. so I've applied and been accepted for another masters to show them I can do that level and I'm waiting to hear back from Strathclyde who do accept non honours degrees with the relevant experience which I have
Reply 71
Fingers crossed for you. I think I would prefer Strathclyde to be honest. Edinburgh fees are extortionate!
Reply 72
would prefer strathclyde also that is where I am doing my degree just now fingers crossed for us both
Reply 73
Just had an email from Strathclyde to submit second stage application paperwork! Delighted, better make a good job of it!
Original post by lowinic
Just had an email from Strathclyde to submit second stage application paperwork! Delighted, better make a good job of it!

That's great news! :smile: Is it for undergraduate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Thank you! No sorry, I should have said. It's for the Masters course.
Good luck with it!:smile: I'm still waiting on strathclyde for undergrad there taking there time lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by lowinic

great news mine was submitted Monday lol hopefully we do well they said they get about 350 applicants and there's 20 spaces lol
Reply 78
Hi,

I had applied for a few: Strathclyde, Dundee, Caledonian and Stirling for postgrad. Rejections from all but Stirling. Through to second stage which was completed four weeks ago. Now just waiting.....
Original post by tow74
Hi,

I had applied for a few: Strathclyde, Dundee, Caledonian and Stirling for postgrad. Rejections from all but Stirling. Through to second stage which was completed four weeks ago. Now just waiting.....

I'm waiting for Stirling too...taking ages!

Quick Reply

Latest