Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Good call
Reply 3
I salute you sir!
Reply 4
If (god forbid) you miss your Durham offer and York still have places chances are they'll be in clearing so you'll get that anyway!
Reply 5
Cheeky sods! :five: for telling them to stuff it! :biggrin:
Reply 6
that sounds like a made up story
Reply 7
I think York are really pissed this year. My form tutor (Durham ex pat) reckons York have lost out a lot to Durham in the past few years.

(hooray, obviously!)
Reply 8
York are a bunch of knobs.

Mr. Gorbachev, take down this wall!
Reply 9
RobbieC
York are a bunch of knobs.

Mr. Gorbachev, take down this wall!

lol, rep! :tsr2:
Reply 10
TKR
that sounds like a made up story

Would you like to see a copy of the email? How dare you!
Reply 11
Go on then, lets see the email.
Reply 12
Lets hope they honour their offer :smile:
Reply 13
no i dont want to see a "copy" of the email

anyone can write some crap and then put

"Joe Bloggs
Admissions
York Uni"

on the bottom
Sounds a trifle unrealistic i must say.
Reply 15
It seems like a perfectly plausible story to me. The only unrealistic sounding thing to me is York expecting you to drop Durham for them.
I'd imagine it's more a case of York asked them to drop all their offers, essentially withdrawing from standard UCAS and entering UCAS Extra, where York would be legally able to give them an offer, rather than specifically being against Durham.

Surely?
Reply 17
fredsmith365
I'd imagine it's more a case of York asked them to drop all their offers, essentially withdrawing from standard UCAS and entering UCAS Extra, where York would be legally able to give them an offer, rather than specifically being against Durham.

Surely?

Yeah, have I misconstrued it? :confused: :rolleyes: :redface:
loggins
Yeah, have I misconstrued it? :confused: :rolleyes: :redface:

I think some people might have got the impression that you meant that York had specifically said "drop Durham specifically and we'll give you an offer, because we hate Durham and want you", from the tone of some of the replies, but I could just be completely misreading them :smile:

This way makes much more sense, I can't imagine any university being that actively evil :wink: Although having said that, some can seem that way due more to incompetence than evilness...
Reply 19
Ok, sorry guys for the misunderstanding, just be glad I favoured the better uni! :smile: