The Student Room Group

Medicine students

I was wondering what subjects do you study within medicine? (1st year) is histology one?
Like how many? Does it vary between universities?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Almost every universities provide same syllabus as I know for the particular course. But it's true that courses of structure varies from universities to universities. Before going to take admission you should prior take consultant deeply about the university and the courses of study, fees and so many various aspects which are quite important to know.

Thanks!
studymedabroad
Original post by reflexmachine6
I was wondering what subjects do you study within medicine? (1st year) is histology one?
Like how many? Does it vary between universities?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aside from histology, you will study a biochemistry, microbiology/infectious disease, anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, clinical skills to name a few "subjects" but they all link into each other and are all quite big topics so they may be spread over a number of years.

Workload is much higher than doing A levels, but it's got to be a step up hasn't it?
Reply 3
Which books are good and authentic for medicine?
Reply 4
Hellow I am currently doing biochemistry can I finish my degree and apply for medicine and would I have to start as an undergraduate and start of in the first year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending