The Student Room Group

Easiest GCSEs to self teach?

Hi,

I need to self teach 2 more GCSEs, and I'm looking for ones that are relatively straight forward. I don't mind if they're IGCSEs, but they can't be subjects that require practicals/controlled assessments, etc. - just 100% exam.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Maths? Religious Studies?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely agree with RE, it's relatively simple :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths is self-teachable. A good textbook and you'll be fine.

Humanities where technique is needed are harder to self teach.
Reply 4
If you're good at sport PE is an option - the theory part is straightforward and basic biology really, so you just have to do the practical assessment which, again, will be easy if you already play at least two sports :smile:
Reply 5
Well, what GCSEs do you already have?

Maths, English language and RE.
Reply 6
Thanks for the suggestions. I already have an A* in Maths and an A in RS, so I can't do those. PE requires practical work though, doesn't it?

I think something more obscure, like stats, sociology, psychology etc. would be better as I have the core GCSEs, but I don't know if these are easy to self teach.

Anything else?
Reply 7
Original post by Interstellar
Thanks for the suggestions. I already have an A* in Maths and an A in RS, so I can't do those. PE requires practical work though, doesn't it?

I think something more obscure, like stats, sociology, psychology etc. would be better as I have the core GCSEs, but I don't know if these are easy to self teach.

Anything else?

What do you have already?
Latin is 100% exam based, is a bit different and quite easy to teach if you have the right textbook. We use John Taylor at school and it has all the grammar you need to know for gcse and you can download the vocab list off the internet
Reply 9
RS - seriously
RS :smile:
I know a lot of people who have self-taught astronomy.

Psychology sounds like a good bet too; it's mostly facts and case studies.
Law and Psychology/Sociology
Reply 13
Original post by paradoxicalme
I know a lot of people who have self-taught astronomy.

Psychology sounds like a good bet too; it's mostly facts and case studies.

Oh really? Which exam board for astronomy?
Reply 14
Original post by ChocolateMelody
Latin is 100% exam based, is a bit different and quite easy to teach if you have the right textbook. We use John Taylor at school and it has all the grammar you need to know for gcse and you can download the vocab list off the internet

Thanks! There aren't any controlled assessments/speaking, are there?
Reply 15
Original post by Катя
What do you have already?

Maths, Double Science, Business, Geography, RS, EPQ, English Lit, English Lang, ICT and Spanish
Reply 16
A language, French German or Spanish?
. Actually has use unlike most other GCSEs. It can be self taught and there's many ways to improve speech etc online. Does have an oral exam though :/
Reply 17

Anything else?

noooo, don't teach yourself sociology. I'm doing it for GCSE and I need guidance. Also the pass rate for sociology is not that high apparently from what my teachers have said. But that is for the AQA board.
Self teach psychology. I'm sure the gcse option will be relativity easy as there are case studies and a bunch of theories.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Hi,

I need to self teach 2 more GCSEs, and I'm looking for ones that are relatively straight forward. I don't mind if they're IGCSEs, but they can't be subjects that require practicals/controlled assessments, etc. - just 100% exam.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Are you doing GCSEs for fun?

Quick Reply

Latest