The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

International Fashion Promotion at MMU

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by tmazesimms
Can anyone help me? :|

I've firmed my International Fashion Promotion place, and now I'm so stuck! I have noooo idea what I'm doing about accommodation.. Where is everyone applying to, and have you already applied?

Any help/advice will be appreciated! Xx

I've made International Fashion Promotion with the foundation year my firm recently! i'm thinking of either oxford court, briarfields, daisy bank or victoria hall. The application for accommodation doesn't start until the start of April i think!
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 41
Original post by Amek
I've made International Fashion Promotion with the foundation year my firm recently! i'm thinking of either oxford court, briarfields, daisy bank or victoria hall. The application for accommodation doesn't start until the start of April i think!

Ill have a look at those online, I don't know where to start! Thank you :smile: x
Original post by tmazesimms
Can anyone help me? :|

I've firmed my International Fashion Promotion place, and now I'm so stuck! I have noooo idea what I'm doing about accommodation.. Where is everyone applying to, and have you already applied?

Any help/advice will be appreciated! Xx

I haven't firmed yet but I think I'm gonna apply to Cambridge hall! Have. P idea how, not sure if you have to wait il you get your results if it's a conditional offer! x
Reply 43
Is anyone doing the course with the placement year? x
Reply 44
Original post by BekahLouiseL
Is anyone doing the course with the placement year? x

I am! A placement year gives you a real advantage as most employers look for experience aswell as a degree :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Hi

I have also applied for fashion and technology course, strangely haven't received any reply so far. When called them to chase my application they said I am lacking some points, still as I am matured students tutors are considering my application. I am really worried as we are approaching the deadlines. Does anyone know how many ucas point do we need for this course, or what are my chances as a matured student.
Reply 46
Original post by Heena2912
Hi

I have also applied for fashion and technology course, strangely haven't received any reply so far. When called them to chase my application they said I am lacking some points, still as I am matured students tutors are considering my application. I am really worried as we are approaching the deadlines. Does anyone know how many ucas point do we need for this course, or what are my chances as a matured student.

From what I've heard from other universities, if a mature student doesn't have all the UCAS points needed (260-280 for IFP) they look at the work experience that the student has, and sometimes alter what is needed... so if you don't have all the UCAS points but have a strong work background/work experience in a relevant area they would most likely bend the rules slightly.. Don't worry too much, i'm sure they will get back to you soon!!
Reply 47
What accommodation has everyone applied for today?
Original post by PNR

I haven't applied yet because I'm waiting for my national insurance number in the post. I think I'm going to go with Cambridge though. What have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Has anyone applied for the 4year Sandwich course? I'm looking to go though extra and see if they still have a place for me on the course. Before you got an offer was there an interview process? Any advice would be grateful :smile: x
Reply 50
Original post by PNR

I applied for Oxford Court as my first choice!
I have applied for this course too! Can't wait it's going to be so exciting!
Reply 52
Original post by vogueegirl
I haven't applied yet because I'm waiting for my national insurance number in the post. I think I'm going to go with Cambridge though. What have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cambridge 1st, briarfields standard 2nd, Oxford 3rd and briarfields ensuite 4th
Original post by _Rach
Has anyone applied for the 4year Sandwich course? I'm looking to go though extra and see if they still have a place for me on the course. Before you got an offer was there an interview process? Any advice would be grateful :smile: x

I am :smile: I didn't have an interview, just got offered my place :smile:
I'm so stressed about exams and not getting the right grades. Do you think they would still accept me if I got a little less than the 260 points that they are requiring? My friends said that they probably would since it's not a mega competitive course but I'm unsure :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Original post by BekahLouiseL
I am :smile: I didn't have an interview, just got offered my place :smile:

Aw that's good . I applied for a fashion promotion course before and that had an interview process, hopeful they offer me place
i've confirmed my place for Fashion Promo and i applied to Cambridge halls because when i went for the open day they said its the most social halls x
Guys I need help! What accommodation should I go for?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay which is the best en-suite accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 59
Original post by beckyroseharris
i've confirmed my place for Fashion Promo and i applied to Cambridge halls because when i went for the open day they said its the most social halls x

That's why I applied for Cambridge halls and because it's the closest, I can just roll out of bed haha

Quick Reply