Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Iamyourfather
Crazy Eyes and Black Cindy are probably my favourite characters :lol:

:rofl:

I don't know I prefer Pensatucky!
Reply 41
Original post by ProgFeanor
Hmm, the best spy show is missing there - Archer.

I thought i was the only person that watched that :smile:
Reply 42
2 Broke Girls isn't too bad, for Comedy. It's on its 3rd season atm.
The Originals, a spin off show from The Vampire Diaries. i thought it wouldn't be as good as it actually is. Still on its first season.
Another Comedy would be Psych. It's a detective show, and its hilarious. It's on its 8th season :biggrin:
Revenge is another good show, on its 3rd season. Its about...revenge.
I'm surprised I didn't see Pretty Little Liars. Although it does drag, i enjoy it quite a bit.
And ofcourse! White Collar. Good enough just to watch Matt Bomer in action. Its also an awesome show

And I know this has already been mentioned but DEXTER! You won't regret it.

I watch too much tv..
Reply 43
Also, after watching the first three season in like a week, I'd like to nominate "Community", which is in my opinion the ultimate meta-sitcom at least for the first three seasons. I hear that Season 4 kinda puts a dent in this reputation, but it's an overall fantastic show with a lot of comedy and genuinely moving moments of sincerity. As a bonus, it has some of the best and most entertaining concept episodes out there. It takes a bunch of episodes to get going, but once you're into it, it's really hard to stop.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 44
Orange is the new black - I absolutely love it, about a woman who is married and settled, but a while ago she was doing something with importing drugs, which catch up to her when she's settled, she then goes to a girls prison and it all goes on from there.

The killing is one of my favourite crime series ever, the first 2 seasons are ultimately the best, about the Rosie Larsen case, and the two homicide detectives are really suited to their characters, definitely give this a watch
Don't know if anyone here is interested, but I've got an article up online recommending 2014's best new TV shows. They haven't aired yet so not quite appropriate for the main list! If you'd like to have a read, the link's in my sig. :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by SixteenHundred
Don't know if anyone here is interested, but I've got an article up online recommending 2014's best new TV shows. They haven't aired yet so not quite appropriate for the main list! If you'd like to have a read, the link's in my sig. :smile:

Lol none of them look appealing to me.
Original post by danny111
Lol none of them look appealing to me.

Fair enough, there's a sci-fi bias to the whole list. Thanks for reading anyways. :smile:
Reply 48
Fair enough, there's a sci-fi bias to the whole list. Thanks for reading anyways. :smile:

Oh, is it your personal list????
TVD, PLL, revenge
Reply 50

We have similar tastes. The Red Road (watched Rectify last year which was also one the Sundance channel, solid show), Fargo (love the film), The Strain (del Toro, no need to say much more) and Wayward Pines (The cast was enough to draw me in) have been on my to watch list for a while.

Repped for bringing Fortitude, Sense8 and Penny Dreadful to my attention. Will keep an eye out.

If you don't know about them already, here's some other coming soon that might interest you

Crisis - Looks like a fast paced show

Believe - I know JJ Abrams has new shows every year, but this could be interesting.

The Hundred - It's either going to be an interesting watch if the writing is competent, or going to be realy bad, can't see an in between.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 51
Yes! I am so waiting for Crisis :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by danny111
Yes! I am so waiting for Crisis :smile:

Lol as soon as I saw the trailer a few days ago I knew it'd be your kind of show due to the spy nature :wink:

It has a lot of potential. It is a similar premise to Hostages but that turned out to be awful, hopefully this one doesn't suffer the same fate.
Reply 53
Original post by Deshi
Lol as soon as I saw the trailer a few days ago I knew it'd be your kind of show due to the spy nature :wink:

It has a lot of potential. It is a similar premise to Hostages but that turned out to be awful, hopefully this one doesn't suffer the same fate.

Hostages yea omg stopped watching after 3 or 4 episodes...

Yea hoping this will be great :smile:
Reply 54
4 Episodes in to True Detective.

Amazing. Every episode has been a 9-10/10.
Reply 55
Original post by Stylo92
4 Episodes in to True Detective.

Amazing. Every episode has been a 9-10/10.

I saw the trailer for that. I don't even know where, did anyone on here recommend it? Anyway, saw it and yea it looked hugely intriguing.
The 4400, the show that launched a thousand superpowered copies (Heroes, Alphas, etc) but ended way to soon.

Billy Campbell was simply awesome.
If you're into mystery dramas and don't mind subtitles, I'd recommend the French show, The Returned (Les Revenants). It's about people who were thought to be dead coming back, but it counteracts the fantastical aspects by focusing a lot on the relationships between the Returned and their families - plus it has an amazing soundtrack by Mogwai. It's kind of a blend between The 4400, Twin Peaks and The Walking Dead.
There's only been one season so far but the second should be coming this year. If you really aren't a fan of subtitles then ABC are developing a show called "Resurrection" which has a very similar premise (I'm not sure if it's based on Les Revenants), but I doubt it will beat the original series.
Reply 59
Think I'm only hate watching The Walking Dead nowadays. Awful dialogue/direction/plot just ruins it.

Quick Reply

Latest