The Student Room Group

GCSE English Language result for november 2013 paper.

Hi, just the other day, i got my English Language result back and i was hoping for a B, however i got a C. the UMS i got was 196 and for a B i needed to get 210 UMS. I Think, its a difference of 14 UMS points. Approximatly (8 or 9 marks). Do you think it is worth for a re-mark for my whole English Language GCSE, including the course work?
In July, I sat the English Language higher tier paper. I had already gotten an A* in my speaking exam and a B in my coursework. When I got my result back I got a B, my English teacher spoke to me about having my paper remarked because I was 4 marks off an A! I said okay but I had to sign a letter that said that my grade could go up or down. I did a bit of research online and I was a bit scared because other people had said about getting their results back at a lower grade. I got my result back a few weeks later and I went up to an A. However, about 5 other people in my class had roughly the same mark as me and they too sent their papers off to be remarked. But they all came back at the same grade. I would say because you are so close to the next grade boundary to send it off to be remarked as your overall grade will not drop to a lower grade as you are so high up in that grade boundary! My friends did a re-sit in November and got their grades back and they all got As, It's worth a shot at the remark. I definitely know that they remark your exam paper however I’m not sure about the coursework, I would speak to your teacher as they may need to send the coursework off for it to be remarked. Hope this helps and good luck!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi thanks for the reply, it was very plesent of you. I might just be considering a re-mark because, i spoke to my teacher in school and they said the exact same thing. It might go up or down. On my speaking i got a A and on the course work i got a very high C i was like 5 marks off an B. Subjects like English and History there can be a range of marks. Because if one examiner marks a paper, he might give it a certian mark e.g. 16/24, and if the student wants a re-mark, another examiner might give it a 21/24. So its unpredictable.
Reply 3
Hey, I got 239 ums, I think that's 1 or 2 ums off an A. So if either my coursework or exam were to improve by a mark, then I would get that A.

Should I just remark my exam or also my coursework? (Can I remark my coursework or is it that not possible?)
Reply 4
No I think you should reconsider to remark, youll surely get the A
Reply 5
Original post by Jonnyss
Hey, I got 239 ums, I think that's 1 or 2 ums off an A. So if either my coursework or exam were to improve by a mark, then I would get that A.

Should I just remark my exam or also my coursework? (Can I remark my coursework or is it that not possible?)

Omg i got the exact same as you! and thats literally half a mark away from an A! (raw mark) To get an A is 240 which sucks because i got 239 too :mad: i sent myn off for a remark, just praying that it goes up by at least 1 mark! Would be so grateful! :colondollar:
Reply 6
Original post by Tintin007
Omg i got the exact same as you! and thats literally half a mark away from an A! (raw mark) To get an A is 240 which sucks because i got 239 too :mad: i sent myn off for a remark, just praying that it goes up by at least 1 mark! Would be so grateful! :colondollar:

I got my remark back and it dropped 3 marks, so I'm 7 ums off an A now. So annoying!
what happend with ur remark?

plus does anyone think I should resit in June?
Anyone have the test paper? I got 250 UMS which is an A! :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Jonnyss

Get it remarked!!!! I got 239 too and got it remarked and i went up by 6ums marks! So i got my A! But i guess it depends on how your exam went and which examiner marks your exam.

Quick Reply

Latest