The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Law Applicants 2014

Hi everyone! I thought I'd make a thread for UCL law applicants so we can all unite in our misery, waiting for UCL to make a decision on our applications although those who have been notified of their decision can certainly chip in the discussions as well : )

Sent my application in mid-October and i have yet to hear back from them. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I sent mine in late November and I haven't heard anything either. I'm applying for Law with French Law.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Sent mine late October (29th) and still nothing. Straight Law here.
Send mine on the 3rd of December and took the LNAT on the 19th

90% sure I bombed my LNAT and UCL is going to reject me :s-smilie:

Also, in the law offers 2013 page, so many people (25 ish) received offers/rejection in between October - December whereas there are only 5 people received offers for law in the 2014 law offers page
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
I sent off my application mid October, and havent heard anything back from them yet either! I figured that they will now wait for the UCAS deadline now so that they can see what the average applicant is like for this academic year.
Reply 5
I sent mine in mid October and did the LNAT early November! Still no word, starting to worry a bit about my LNAT tho, don't the comprehension part went well at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep, I applied early October, did my LNAT mid December and haven't heard anything. 100% the LNAT went terribly, it was so much more difficult than all the practice exams. Also, I'm predicted A*AA, with the A* in Law A Level, but I've heard the majority of people getting offers are A*A*A students, so slightly worried. Does anyone know if they base their decision solely off the LNAT or do they take other circumstances and attributes in to consideration?
sent mine early october and did the lnat a few days later...waiting as well :/
Reply 8
I'm applying for law (M100) and sent my application off in early October and did the LNAT in early December.
Subjects being currently taken: Maths, Physics, Biology and AS Critical thinking
Predicted: A*AA
UCL got back to me in mid-December inviting me for a 20-30 minute interview which I have this week. I don't know whether that's entirely good because on the website it says UCL only interview law applicants who they are 'contemplating making an offer' and feel 'require special consideration' or something like that. I'm not entirely sure what that is supposed to mean... My interview is this week so I'll just do my best, hopefully the Cambridge prep will help out...(rejected by Cambridge post-interview by the way).

Can anyone shed some light on this whole 'special consideration' thing please? It's been driving me crazy for ages...:confused:
Reply 9
Original post by tengentoppa
I know those doing law with another legal system are sometimes interviewed to check their language skills.

Maybe it's because you're doing science subjects, and they want to check you can construct a coherent argument?

Hmmm I did do AS English Lit and my essay I thought went pretty well but you could be right - that could possibly be the reason!
Hi everyone ! I've applied for straight Law in early October, did my LNAT on the 16th of November and am still waiting to hear back from UCL. My predicted grades are A*AAA.

I was wondering if the application status on Portico has changed for any of you, from 'application received' to something else...
Mine hasn't and I am getting a little worried.

Also, best of luck with your application - Hope to see you all in September :-) (fingers crossed)
Original post by BiancaCaravtov
Hi everyone ! I've applied for straight Law in early October, did my LNAT on the 16th of November and am still waiting to hear back from UCL. My predicted grades are A*AAA.

I was wondering if the application status on Portico has changed for any of you, from 'application received' to something else...
Mine hasn't and I am getting a little worried.

Also, best of luck with your application - Hope to see you all in September :-) (fingers crossed)

i'm in the same situation as you, but seeing as only a handful of ucl law applicants have gotten offers i wouldn't be too bothered by it. they probably just want to see more applications before making decisions so they can compare the level of competition etc
don't worry! i'm sure we'll all be ok :h:
I sent my application on 30th December and sat the LNAT on 6th January. It went okay, probably my score is similar to my practice results, which were hovering around 25 and 28.

I'm an international student applying with American qualifications - I already have a 5 on AP Calculus AB (basically equivalent to an A in A2 Maths, although there's no equivalent of A* in APs) I'm doing four more APs this year (Politics, History, English and Psychology) and predicted 5s on all of these. My personal statement is good, I believe, but has nothing particularly outstanding. How much chance do you think I have?
Reply 13
Had my interview guys. I was the only one there that was a straight law applicant and had an interview which was interesting (and that seemed to surprise a lot of people there). I met other straight law applicants that had already received offers though. Everyone else there was doing Law with another language e.g. French or German.

I wasn't asked anything about my A-Level subject choices (which are all sciences). Instead I was asked a bit about my personal statement and then just a lot of problem questions (much more than I was asked at my Cambridge interview). Hopefully I was engaging enough! UCL is a truly amazing institution! I'll let you know of the turn-out in due course.

C'est la vie!

Good luck to the rest of you! I'm sure you'll all be hearing soon, especially since the deadline has passed now.
Reply 14
So nervous about finding out! Highly doubt I will get an offer but I can still dream! I sat my LNAT mid-November and sent away my application mid-December. From Scotland so if I did come down to UCL I would be 17 for the majority of the first year. Pretty sure my LNAT scored about 2, it was just horrendous! Good Luck everyone!
Reply 15
I got a ucl offer!!! It came through literally just now!!!

I am literally crying with joy!! Time to really work hard for that A*AA!!
Original post by iBlitz

yayyy!
congratulations :biggrin:
Original post by iBlitz

Congratulations !!
Did anything on Portico, change at all before you got their email ?
Congratulations to those who got an offer from UCL! Yet, I am now so nervous since up till now, I still have not heard anything from UCL yet. Took my LNAT and sent off my ucas in mid- november. My predicted grades are 2A* 1A ; AS grades AABB. Is it likely that UCL has rejected my application?
Reply 19
Original post by BiancaCaravtov
Congratulations !!
Did anything on Portico, change at all before you got their email ?

Thank you so much!! I didn't check Portico I got an email straight from UCAS saying my application status had changed. UCL didn't e-mail me about the offer directly.

Quick Reply

Latest