The Student Room Group

GCSE Summer Exams 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Magnesium
Good luck with yours too!

Seems to be a bit surreal with the exam being so soon :P

I know! It's gonna be weird for me, first time I'll be sitting that many exams, only 8, but I'm in year 10...
Original post by ElGenioEstúpido
I know! It's gonna be weird for me, first time I'll be sitting that many exams, only 8, but I'm in year 10...

Argh I understand you, I was in your position last year.

Make sure to revise thoroughly beforehand and relax when you get in there. It's always a bit nerve wracking when you take your first official exam :smile:
Argh I understand you, I was in your position last year.

Make sure to revise thoroughly beforehand and relax when you get in there. It's always a bit nerve wracking when you take your first official exam :smile:

I know, I think I'll be nervous while sitting it, but I got 4 exams in 5 days, 2 50%s, 1 37.5% and a 25%....
I know, I think I'll be nervous while sitting it, but I got 4 exams in 5 days, 2 50%s, 1 37.5% and a 25%....

Are they morning exams or afternoon ones?

If there are any where there are 2 in a day, the frees in-between are quite good to revise with friends. Obviously revising yourself is more important but doing it in a group can sometimes alert you to things that you thought you knew but you actually didn't :P

What subjects are they by the way?
Are they morning exams or afternoon ones?

If there are any where there are 2 in a day, the frees in-between are quite good to revise with friends. Obviously revising yourself is more important but doing it in a group can sometimes alert you to things that you thought you knew but you actually didn't :P

What subjects are they by the way?

Well so basically:
Monday AM RE 50%
Tuesday PM Geog 25%
Thursday PM RE 50%
Friday AM Hist 37.5%

Nice, I've assigned two points on the spec for me to learn in an hour or less, good set of grades, there, what do you want to study at a-leve?

That's good! For A Level I'm planning on studying Maths,Biology,Geography and PE :smile:
Original post by kdizzle97
That's good! For A Level I'm planning on studying Maths,Biology,Geography and PE :smile:

Nice, so what would you want to study at uni?
Nice, so what would you want to study at uni?

Aiming to study Sport and Exercise sciences!
What do you plan on doing for A Levels/Uni?
Aiming to study Sport and Exercise sciences!
What do you plan on doing for A Levels/Uni?

Nice, well I'm looking to study Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics at a-level, then hoping to study Maths with/and Economics at LSE/Oxbridge
Nice, well I'm looking to study Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics at a-level, then hoping to study Maths with/and Economics at LSE/Oxbridge

Sounds good! I'm sure you'll do really well :biggrin:
Sounds good! I'm sure you'll do really well :biggrin:

Thanks! You too!:biggrin:

I have:
6 science
2 English
2 geog
2 french
2 business
2 RS
1 ICT

I have 17 exams :smile: ****
Original post by Angelo12231
I have:
6 science
2 English
2 geog
2 french
2 business
2 RS
1 ICT

Good luck on your exams, so many science exams for everyone, what are you predicted? When and how much revision will you be doing?
Original post by Angelo12231
I have:
6 science
2 English
2 geog
2 french
2 business
2 RS
1 ICT

Good luck on your exams, so many science exams for everyone, what are you predicted? When and how much revision will you be doing?
Reply 54
I am in year 11 too and have:

6 science exams
2 history exams
2 english literature exams
2 maths exams
1 Ict exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abeeda17
I am in year 11 too and have:

6 science exams
2 history exams
2 english literature exams
2 maths exams
1 Ict exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

why 2 literature?

im predicted A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,A,B (french) and il start feb half term, 3 hours monday to friday and all day on sat and sunday
Reply 57
In one paper is the of mice and men and an inspector calls And in the other paper it is the anthology

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have so many, it is actually daunting

9x Triple science
1X English langauge
2X english literature
2x french
2x RS
3x History
4x latin
2x citizenship
1x ict
1x statistics
1x Art (final piece)
27 bloody Exams, My school is crazy, i am screwed
i have the most exams in the whole thread. what is worst, i know people that are doing more exams that myself
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 59
So I'm assuming your doing 7 GCSEs?

This year yes, but I have to add the 3 sciences, geography and IT = 7+5 = 12 GCSE's altogether

Quick Reply

Latest