The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
reeeeecey
I got my Tenancy Agreement today... And have got East Slope...wooooo!

However it is listed as....

Study Bedroom (double)...

what does the double mean, does it mean I am sharing a room?

OMG, congrats...! :p: I didn't think they would send those out yet... Was it you first choice...??
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Tis was indeed...
Reply 3
Omg! I take it your an unconditional yes??

And sorry I have no idea what double means, but I doubt it's a shared room.. one of the current students will know I'm sure
It does sound like a shared i'm afraid....

I was told uncons would have to wait til after a-level results. I'm excited now!
Reply 5
ladyportacabin
It does sound like a shared i'm afraid....

I was told uncons would have to wait til after a-level results. I'm excited now!

But why would they give a shared room to one of the first people they allocate rooms to, when there are loads of single rooms available???

Be sure to post if you recieve yours :p:
Reply 6
Aspect
But why would they give a shared room to one of the first people they allocate rooms to, when there are loads of single rooms available???

well..... i did put on my application that I didnt mind sharing....and now it's come to bite me in da ass.... oh well..i guess i dont mind
If you chose shared as a preference, they probably assumed you WANTED to share rather than didn't mind sharing. I chose smoking and mature student accomodation, so I don't know if i'll get one or the other or both!
Reply 8
Received mine this morning, i've been allocated to Kent House.
Starting to feel a bit more real, getting excited :p:
Scary isn't it? I've got my place, loan is sorted, student account almost opened, made my list of things to take.... I can't believe i'm actually going! Especially since it's taken me years to actually get to this point. It's a nice scary feeling.

72 days til moving in day!
Reply 10
Hope I'll get mine too pretty soon so I can get rid of all my worries regarding accomodation....:p:
Aspect

Be sure to post if you recieve yours :p:

Because everyone hates having to share, so if you're one of the few people who put that you don't mind sharing, they take advantage of that. Much like if you put East Slope anywhere in your choices you're liable to get East Slope I think...
Reply 12
misslibby
Because everyone hates having to share, so if you're one of the few people who put that you don't mind sharing, they take advantage of that. Much like if you put East Slope anywhere in your choices you're liable to get East Slope I think...

I put it 8th on my list, but it seems that people overseas get priority in most cases...
Reply 13
Mine arrived today too! I'm in East Slope 013E! I'm so excited! Anyone know anything about this flat? :biggrin:
WAHHOOO!.. yup got my tenancy agreement through as well.. im at Brighthelm, Room 10R2.. any1 joining me in that residency?!

Also.. what are peeps gona do about payment?..are you gona choose the one off fee, 3/4 installments or monthly direct debit?.. i'm not too sure atm what im going to do!
The 3 installments will parallel your student loan installments so if that's how you're paying for your accommodation, that would probably be best. I'm so jealous of you all knowing where you're going! :biggrin:
Reply 16
So.... it seems im sharing....question is...with who:

Have u got this on your Tenancy Agreement:

Study Bedroom - 053F (double) ?????????

if you do.., looks like we are room mates.
HowYaDo?:smile:
reeeeecey
So.... it seems im sharing....question is...with who:

Have u got this on your Tenancy Agreement:

Study Bedroom - 053F (double) ?????????

if you do.., looks like we are room mates.
HowYaDo?:smile:

Ooo you're in one of my friends old rooms, how exciting!
So... what did they do to it before they left? :biggrin:
Reply 19
misslibby
Ooo you're in one of my friends old rooms, how exciting!

What's the room like....and how did your friend find sharing?
Is it a good size for sharing?
sorry for all the quezzies.

Latest

Trending

Trending