The Student Room Group

Btec business?

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
You could always finish/leave your business BTEC and ask to apply to an IT BTEC.
Reply 2
Original post by Adam7918
You could always finish/leave your business BTEC and ask to apply to an IT BTEC.

Alright thanks. What are you currently studying?
Reply 3
Level 3 Extended BTEC Diploma in IT
Reply 4
Original post by Adam7918
Level 3 Extended BTEC Diploma in IT

What are you looking to be when you are older?
Reply 5
Possibly a software engineer
Reply 6
Original post by BASEDMO
I just left high school and did not really focus and only gained 3 GCSE grades. I got offered to do a Business BTEC L3 Extended Diploma and I am around 5 months in now.
II have realised that this is not what I want to do with my life, I want to do something like Computing, Software Developing/Engineering, HELP!

It's sometimes possible to do a degree/foundation degree unrelated to the BTec subject. For example Stafford want 100 points from a minimum of a Btec National for the foundation course in Computing, 100 points for the HND in Applied Computing, and 280 points for the full degree in Computing Science (no subject specified).

For Computing some universities require Maths A-Level alongside the Btec so you'd need to check university requirements.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by jelly1000
It's sometimes possible to do a degree/foundation degree unrelated to the BTec subject. For example Stafford want 100 points from a minimum of a Btec National for the foundation course in Computing, 100 points for the HND in Applied Computing, and 280 points for the full degree in Computing Science (no subject specified).

For Computing some universities require Maths A-Level alongside the Btec so you'd need to check university requirements.

Only the top Universities will ask for a levels maths as well as the Btec diploma, its the same with my course as i have applied to study Electronic Engineering. And i have still got 5 offers from the universities which i applied to. I am currently studying extended Btec diploma lvl3 in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (18 units).

Also basedmo you would have to resit some gcses to get 5 of them to c grade, including science, English and maths to get into university.
Other options are apprenticeships, HND/HNC. If u need any information about btec engineering/ICT don't be scared to ask me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending