The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1
Dragonbaby
What is UCL's policy on attending lectures for courses you are not studying?

:rofl:

University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I'm a future student...I'm guessing it should be OK, maybe they will be relaxed about it. I don't think they take IDs at the door, also if you do this lots, everyone will think you're taking the class anyway as your face will be familiar. Just look confident.
Reply 3
Im a current student and never really thought about doing that, although a few 2nd years used to sit in on our lectures from steve jones as they loved him lol. They dont take IDs to get into lectures but be warned that the lecture theatres are normally packed to the brim in the first term so you might not be able to squeeze in especially in the smaller lecture theatres! In term 2 the lecture halls get emptier and emptier due to people not showing so guess you could do it then, but I would spend my free time in library as the exams are tough at UCL!
Reply 4
Thats actually quite a good idea.
Maybe attend the philosophy lectures
Reply 5
You can sit in in any lectures (but somehow I doubt that will end up being part of your plan). Of course, you can't be assessed on the lecture, but sitting in is perfectly acceptable. We had a few of those in the first few weeks of term, but they gradually disappeared, as people do.

I don't think that will end up being part of your plan though.
Reply 6
Thanks for your replies. I'm sure those of you with experience are correct and I probably won't have time to just sit in lectures for fun. just worried that if I have a 9am lecture and then another at 4 I will have a long day to be hanging around the uni. Thought it might be something to do if I needed a break from studying. Also think I might struggle to choose my unit options (ancient history) and I'd like to have the opportunity to learn about some areas I am not actually taking as a module.
Do they pick on people in lectures, or just talk? My friend went to uni a few years ago and one of her lecturers was always asking questions to random people in the room, if you hadn't studied the course material you would look like a total idiot. Don't want that to happen, lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending