The Student Room Group

I don't know what I'm doing (Oxford)

Hi all,

Sooo...Last Wednesday I received my offer from Oxford, Worcester College for PPE. It was a bit of a blind side, and I hadn't done a ton of research about Oxford or the UK schools in general. See, I've been raised on the sunny coasts of California in the US all my life. I've never visited Europe, and I can count the number of British people I know on one hand. It's a bit daunting for me to just fly over into what seems to be a foggy land of mystery, so I would like to ask anyone for some advice, just some tips you would give a foreigner on living in the UK, going to Oxford, or what to do in the area.
Reply 1
Hiya,
well congratulations for making it into Oxford.
All I've got to say is that the UK isn't really different from the US; there's similar culture, same dress sense, practically the same language, etc. The only difference will probably be the weather like u said. but anyway, my advice to u is that just make sure that u wanna go to the UK coz u it's pretty far especially if u don't have any family or friends here so make sure you've thought about it deeeeeeeeeeep down.
Reply 2
cool, thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by SlipperyBanana
Hi all,

Sooo...Last Wednesday I received my offer from Oxford, Worcester College for PPE. It was a bit of a blind side, and I hadn't done a ton of research about Oxford or the UK schools in general. See, I've been raised on the sunny coasts of California in the US all my life. I've never visited Europe, and I can count the number of British people I know on one hand. It's a bit daunting for me to just fly over into what seems to be a foggy land of mystery, so I would like to ask anyone for some advice, just some tips you would give a foreigner on living in the UK, going to Oxford, or what to do in the area.

I think I'm almost exactly the same as you (except I'm from Chicago, so I think going to the UK would result in better weather!)

I don't really know what I'm doing either because I also just got my offer last week, but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in this sort of situation :smile: Are you definitely going to the UK, or do you plan to wait until all the regular decision results come out? There are a few schools I applied to that I'd pick over Oxford, but it all really comes down to finances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending