The Student Room Group

Have you ever felt like your heart has skipped a beat?

Has anyone else experienced this before?
Reply 1
yes once when we conceded a try in the final minute in the final i was in total shock panic and fear

i believe we feel this phenomenon when we are at are highest emotional point normally negative but can occasionally be linked with love but i am unsure about this :smile:
Yeah I've had it happen a few times, it's not big deal unless you have other symptoms that go with it and it happens a lot.
Yeah, a couple of times.
Reply 4
Yeah, it's very weird when it's brought on by emotions. If I hadn't had it happen to me, then I wouldn't even think it was real. Though I'm sure there's an explanation for it.
Reply 5
Don't you heart miss 1 beat when you sneeze? I remember hearing it somewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty sure I have, don't really remember a specific time though :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
It happens to me about 2 times a week.

It happens either when my girlfriend comes over OR that moment when you step into the exam hall and realise, the second you step out, you'll be scarred with a grade you cannot change until results day.
Yes sometimes although there is nothing to worry about
Yes, I've experienced it twice in the last 24 hours or so actually :tongue:. The first time it happened, I was dreaming that I was in some kind of weird space ship and the floor disappeared from under me, and I promptly woke up (which makes no sense I know). The second time was a few hours after I'd woken up and I thought I could see something moving in the corner of my eye and it turned out to be a piece of bloody furniture. I think I must be paranoid about something!
Yes, but I don't think it's something to worry about (unless there are other problems linked to it somehow) :smile:
Yeah I have
Yeah. My mum went on my computer.
Every time I see a film with Alex Pettyfer in it......
Reply 14
Yeah its called a palpitation. I get them every day and I have had every test under the sun and everything came back good so the doctor put it down to stress. I get them mainly when I am lying down and trying to sleep but can get them just out the blue during the day too. Mine get worse after drinking energy drinks or anything else containing caffeine.
(edited 10 years ago)
Yep. Happens occasionally, particularly when lying on my back.

Apparently it's quite common in young people. In any case, I don't feel like I'm about to die or something - it's just weird.
Yes, when I touched an electric fence.. To make it worse, I fell over as well :frown:
Reply 17
Yup it happens to everyone and everytime it happens I think, 'wow, this is the end'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending