The Student Room Group

How much money do you have saved up?

How much money do you have? how old are you? and if you do have some save up then how did you mostly manage to get it?

Note: I know this thread has been done a few times but it's mostly full of people saying "I've only got 42p left :biggrin:" etc.. Even if you don't have any, surely at some point soon you will have some, inheritence, birthday/christmas.

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm 23 and I have a healthy minus £1200.
About 40k nearly - Age 23 - Hard work
Reply 3
Original post by Bill_Gates

I can see why you call yourself Bill Gates

I'm a 19 year old student, and I spent all my savings on a guitar a couple of weeks ago. No regrets.
£11,100 approx

Aged 19

2 jobs
Original post by Gemma345

I'm a 19 year old student, and I spent all my savings on a guitar a couple of weeks ago. No regrets.

Fancy being Mrs Gates? :wink:
Reply 6
So, er, what are you guys doing saving up?
No savings, 23.
Reply 8
Fancy being Mrs Gates? :wink:

Pahaha only if you don't have me as your 'kept woman', I want a career of my own :wink:
Pahaha only if you don't have me as your 'kept woman', I want a career of my own :wink:

Feel free :wink:
Reply 10
I am 24 and have zero savings however over the next 18 months or so I do hope to accumulate around 5k in savings to go towards a masters.
I've got just over £1000. It's mainly from birthdays and christmas because I don't get a lot of pocket money and I don't have any part time jobs, but I also don't spend very much.
Original post by ihateocr
How much money do you have? how old are you? and if you do have some save up then how did you mostly manage to get it?

Money in personal bank accounts, I'd estimate in the region of 1,500,000 AED, I'm in my twenties and most is family money handed to me for personal expenses and business capital.
Reply 13
£0. Not a penny... I'm 25.

When I was 20 I had £12000. Then uni and law school happened. Just paying off the overdraft and credit card now before being able to slam away c£600 a month over the next 21months.

What happens after that is job dependent!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by tehFrance
Money in personal bank accounts, I'd estimate in the region of 1,500,000 AED, I'm in my twenties and most is family money handed to me for personal expenses and business capital.

You know what they say..

Sharing is caring.
Reply 15
Approximately £25,000. Age 18.
July 2013 I had nearly a grand but since then first term of uni and 2 holidays have happened so bye bye savings... 19 by the way.

Sorry if this is a personal question but I'm currently 18, a student and unemployed. How did you do it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18

I spent all my savings on a new guitar too *high five* -what did you buy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have about £20,000 worth of savings. Im 22.
I saved it all by working.

Latest

Trending

Trending