The Student Room Group

Why shall I not cheat on my girlfriend?

The opportunity has arisen where I may possibly have the chance to sleep with a beautiful woman without my girlfriend knowing and she will never find out. Is there any reason why I should not go ahead with this because in the grand scheme of things, does it make any difference? She will never know, I won't be causing her any pain. I just feel like, I need to make the most of my life. I have one life, and if opportunities like this arise which bring me happiness, I should take them. I could be dead tomorrow and after I die, it won't make an iota of difference but I will have now, in my life increased my happiness.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It depends - does it bother you to deceive your girlfriend? If so, then you shouldn't cheat on her. And of course morally it's wrong too.
Maybe because you lack control and respect :dontknow:
Reply 3
What's the point of a girlfriend if you're not going to commit to her? Sure you only live once, but you'd devote all the opportunity you have to spending it with her, no one else. Don't you love your girlfriend? I wouldn't like feeling guilty about cheating on her for the rest of my life.
You will have to live with the guilt and the knowledge that you have betrayed her for as long as you last. What if (touch wood, poor girl) becomes the mother of your children? Do you not think she deserves the chance to leave you. You would be taking away her choices. What if she finds out years down the line and you have stolen those years from her life.
What do you mean, why should you not? I'm sorry but if you're having the 'yolo' attitude and saying that you might die tomorrow, well you doesn't deserve her. If you die tomorrow that doesn't mean you should spend your last day with someone else, and if it does then it just shows you shouldn't be with your girlfriend if you're wanting to cheat on her so easily.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by tory88
It depends - does it bother you to deceive your girlfriend? If so, then you shouldn't cheat on her. And of course morally it's wrong too.

As long as my gf doesn't find out then, no. I care about hurting her feelings, but she won't know and what she doesn't know can't hurt her.
Reply 7
Would it bother you if she was doing the same thing as you?
I feel so sorry for your poor girlfriend, how disgusting. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
Maybe because you lack control and respect :dontknow:

It will bring me joy. No one will know, I won't be losing any 'respect'. In 50 years time when I'm dead, I won't exist but I will have made the most of my opportunities.
It sounds like you would be better off single and your girlfriend would be much better off without you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by ChiefNinja

This.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by ChiefNinja

Definitely but I don't need to worry about her ever cheating on me.
Reply 13
So if she cheats on you, and you find out years down the line that she did it, you wont mind?
Original post by psmityy
It will bring me joy. No one will know, I won't be losing any 'respect'. In 50 years time when I'm dead, I won't exist but I will have made the most of my opportunities.

I'm talking about the respect for your girlfriend...

So would you happily cheat with your wife then? Or would you mind if your dad was cheating on your mum?
Reply 15
And people like these are the ones that are in relationships.
Original post by psmityy
Definitely but I don't need to worry about her ever cheating on me.

This made me feel sick. So you trust her not to cheat, it's fine, and you go and decide to do it to her? What... I have no words.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Even if she don't find out, you shouldn't cheat on her. I wouldn't cheat on my bf and I'm sure he wouldn't cheat on me. It is called respect.
Reply 18
Original post by JennaEmBee
You will have to live with the guilt and the knowledge that you have betrayed her for as long as you last. What if (touch wood, poor girl) becomes the mother of your children? Do you not think she deserves the chance to leave you. You would be taking away her choices. What if she finds out years down the line and you have stolen those years from her life.

This is just sentimentality, which is all very nice but doesn't change the fact that if she never finds out, it makes **** all difference about how many people I sleep with. She won't be becoming the mother of my children, we're very young and will probably have broken up by the time we are ready for kids.
Original post by marinajelly
This made me feel sick. So you trust her not to cheat, it's fine, and you go and decide to do it to her? What... I have no words.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I second this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending