The Student Room Group

Aston or Essex?

What are peoples opinions on Essex and Aston for computer science (placement year). Got an offer from both of these (BBB) for computer science (year in industry) but not sure which one I like the most

For people living at either of these unis what's the campus and area like to live in? (Visited them both) and what's the course like?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Aston

- one of the top for employability
- the course with integrated placement year
- nice campus in the heart of birmingham
Reply 2
Essex is an amazing campus and it's very student orientated.

It's recently been rated in the top 3 for student satisfaction and research.
The course also offers a placement year and the placement officers that aid you with finding a placement are always on hand. I will be starting my placement this summer and I'm so appreciative of all the advice given to me.
Colchester is a medium-large town so it's not as big as Birmingham but it has everything you could ever need on hand and Chelmsford is only a short train ride away.
Have you visited them both? If not, do so
Reply 4
Yes
Read all of this - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/firm_and_insurance_choices

You have MONTHS to make this choice.
Reply 6
Hi mate, im in the exact same situation as you, same course too. What did you end up going for and how are you finding it?
Reply 7
Aston, campus is beautiful plus benefits with the placement year youre guaranteed a job after you graduate.
plus its in Birmingham and Birmingham is beauts
I haven't been to either uni, but I live in Colchester which is where Essex. Absolutely love the town, and it's so close to London, which is great!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending