The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nick96
BSc Geology! You?

I haven't heard from UCL accommodation services, but two of my friends going to UCL have both heard back from them. Even friends going to RVC and LSE have heard back the UoL intercollegiate halls!

According to them, students with an unconditional firm status should get notice from accommodation in July. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping to hear from them in the next few days!

Hi there! I'm also a fellow IBer! Were your friends originally conditional as well or did they have an unconditional offer from the start?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 461
Original post by AquisM
Hi there! I'm also a fellow IBer! Were your friends originally conditional as well or did they have an unconditional offer from the start?

Originally conditional firm, changed to unconditional firm after the release of IB results (like me). They've already gotten their accommodation offers weeks ago, but it's already the 31st of July and I still haven't heard from them!
Original post by Nick96
Originally conditional firm, changed to unconditional firm after the release of IB results (like me). They've already gotten their accommodation offers weeks ago, but it's already the 31st of July and I still haven't heard from them!

:O I'm in the same boat as you. Still waiting for a response. :frown:
Original post by AquisM
:O I'm in the same boat as you. Still waiting for a response. :frown:

exact same situation here.
Original post by Nick96

Original post by cortadita

May I ask whether you are overseas or home students? Just wondering if that's the reason for the late responses. I'm from Hong Kong by the way.
Reply 465

I'll give them 'till the end of today, then I'm planning on emailing them.

So, what are you majoring in? How were your IB results?? :smile:
Original post by Nick96
I'll give them 'till the end of today, then I'm planning on emailing them.

So, what are you majoring in? How were your IB results?? :smile:

I'm from Poland; I got 40 points altogether :cool:. Going to study biomedical engineering. Are you really that anxious about not getting an accommodation offer yet? Maybe I also should start worrying...
Reply 467
I'm from Poland; I got 40 points altogether :cool:. Going to study biomedical engineering. Are you really that anxious about not getting an accommodation offer yet? Maybe I also should start worrying...

I'm from Hong Kong! Same as you, 40 points overall! :3 I'm really more pissed than anxious. They give you a guideline but they don't even bloody follow it! And I want to know about accommodation earlier so I can start with applying for my visa, amongst a ****load of other things there are to do before freshers!

Original post by Nick96
I'm from Hong Kong! Same as you, 40 points overall! :3 I'm really more pissed than anxious. They give you a guideline but they don't even bloody follow it! And I want to know about accommodation earlier so I can start with applying for my visa, amongst a ****load of other things there are to do before freshers!

Congrats on your amazing results! :biggrin: If either of you hear from accommodation, could you let us know?

Ooh a fellow Hong Konger! Hi there! I hear that there may be fresher events in HK soon so we might meet each other. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 469
Original post by AquisM
Congrats on your amazing results! :biggrin: If either of you hear from accommodation, could you let us know?

Ooh a fellow Hong Konger! Hi there! I hear that there may be fresher events in HK soon so we might meet each other. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh hello fellow Hong Konger!!!

I know the British Council are doing a series of Pre-Departure Briefings throughout July and August. I think UCL will also be doing some similar events probably in late August, after the A-Levels results are released! Hope to see you there!
*sigh* I wonder why everything about UCL seems to be slow! Ironically, I got my conditional offer in less than half the minimum waiting time I was given. *sigh*
Reply 471
Hi guys, I goy my accomodation iffer as soin as I uploaded my IB certificate to portico, have you done the same?
Original post by Suzcat
Hi guys, I goy my accomodation iffer as soin as I uploaded my IB certificate to portico, have you done the same?

By certificate, do you mean the actual certificate or a print out of your results? In any case, my IB results were sent over automatically, so there wasn't nothing to upload (there wasn't a place for me to upload anything even if I wanted to).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone received a pre enrolment email yet?
Reply 474
Original post by Capo satus
Has anyone received a pre enrolment email yet?

According to UCL, ugs will start receiving pre-enrollment emails no earlier than six weeks before the course starts.

They also mention that we should expect to receive pre-enrollment emails in early September.
Reply 475
Original post by AquisM
By certificate, do you mean the actual certificate or a print out of your results? In any case, my IB results were sent over automatically, so there wasn't nothing to upload (there wasn't a place for me to upload anything even if I wanted to).

Posted from TSR Mobile

I scanned in my certificate. Under 'verification' on Portico, they wanted me to provide evidence of qualification. If there is nothing asking you to do that though, I assume you just have to wait :/ Sorry I can't help more!
Original post by Suzcat
I scanned in my certificate. Under 'verification' on Portico, they wanted me to provide evidence of qualification. If there is nothing asking you to do that though, I assume you just have to wait :/ Sorry I can't help more!

It's ok, I got my accommodation last night, got allocated College Hall. Guess I was just impatient. :P. Thanks for the reply though! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM

Posted from TSR Mobile

A few days ago I received an accommodation offer for single not en-suite room at Max Rayne house. The price is comparatively fine - best for single room - and maybe the distance away from uni buildings will not be such a big deal.
A few days ago I received an accommodation offer for single not en-suite room at Max Rayne house. The price is comparatively fine - best for single room - and maybe the distance away from uni buildings will not be such a big deal.

Nice! The rooms look quite good (at least on Google pics). It doesn't seem too far away from the campus (but then again I wouldn't know :colondollar:). Either way, hope you like it! :biggrin:
Original post by Vorsah
The maximum I think I will get is A*ABB but I need AAA, I hope I still get accepted. :frown:

I need A*A but ive probably got AA. Hope i still get accepted too. Ive got an offer for Econ and Stats, what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending