The Student Room Group

* Birmingham 2014 Dentistry Applicants*

Scroll to see replies

hello people. I am doing a gap year atm but I have got an offer. regarding the mmi's some universities such as leeds let you know beforehand about the stations and what they will be about. however some universities don't tell you about the stations before the interview (like bristol). As this would be the first time bham doing mmi's i cant say whether they will give you any information about the stations. But universities tend to do a session with the interviewees before the mmi where one of the admission tutors will talk about the uni, course, other general stuff and also about the stations. In general stations are about; why dentistry?, why this uni?, ethics, ongoing research and issues, manual dexterity, work experience, role playing, stats and data analysis and about yourself.
Original post by bhawanbajwa
hello people. I am doing a gap year atm but I have got an offer. regarding the mmi's some universities such as leeds let you know beforehand about the stations and what they will be about. however some universities don't tell you about the stations before the interview (like bristol). As this would be the first time bham doing mmi's i cant say whether they will give you any information about the stations. But universities tend to do a session with the interviewees before the mmi where one of the admission tutors will talk about the uni, course, other general stuff and also about the stations. In general stations are about; why dentistry?, why this uni?, ethics, ongoing research and issues, manual dexterity, work experience, role playing, stats and data analysis and about yourself.

Thanks for the help. Where did you get an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IWantToSucceed
Thanks for the help. Where did you get an offer?

birmingham
birmingham

You got an offer without interview?
birmingham

You got an offer without interview?

I had my offer for 2013-14 but i couldnt go last year so my entry was deferred
Reply 45
Did Birmingham not state in the letter further information will be sent later on.. well I'm hoping that meant information on the stations.
Reply 46
Original post by haleeema
Did Birmingham not state in the letter further information will be sent later on.. well I'm hoping that meant information on the stations.

i hope it does too! otherwise we're gonna be in a mess lol
When are they going to confirm interview dates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
I got a letter this morning (sat) confirming my interview date and time. The letter is dated 23 jan.
Reply 49
(edited 10 years ago)
What...no information about the stations at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 52
I am so glad there is no info about the stations, or i would definitely be overpreparing and rehearsing things word for word.
Original post by Lash
"the circuit will take approximately one hour followed by a tour of the building" nothing else

Alright thanks, I haven't got my letter, getting kind of worried lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Alright thanks, I haven't got my letter, getting kind of worried lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same I haven't got it too :/
Reply 55
I haven't had my conformation letter for the interview in half term either, starting to get worried!!
Reply 56
oh man no info? and its an hour? dammmnnnnn man this is gonna be scary
Reply 57
do we take any proof of manual dexterity?
Reply 58
Has anyone else NOT received their letters yet?
Reply 59
Original post by Wintabix
Has anyone else NOT received their letters yet?

Me :/

Quick Reply

Latest