The Student Room Group

University of Huddersfield Nursing Interview?

I've got an interview at Huddersfield University for Child Nursing and I was just wondering if anyone else good give me any insight into the kind of thing to expect on the day? I know they'll be a group interview but thats about it! Any tips?
Reply 1
I had one there in December but for Mental Health. There was a personality type quiz thing instead of a maths and english test. The interview was 4 stations and you went to each one, 3 of mine were with lecturers and then another one was with a service user and they just ask you questions/scenarios ect. I got an unsuccessful for nursing but got an offer for a course that I didn't even apply for less than a week after my interview so they're pretty quick in making their minds up. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by hanna_h
I had one there in December but for Mental Health. There was a personality type quiz thing instead of a maths and english test. The interview was 4 stations and you went to each one, 3 of mine were with lecturers and then another one was with a service user and they just ask you questions/scenarios ect. I got an unsuccessful for nursing but got an offer for a course that I didn't even apply for less than a week after my interview so they're pretty quick in making their minds up. Good luck :smile:

Thankyou! Did you have a group interview too or were you by yourself? Were you mixed in with other fields of nursing like child and adult as well as mental health?? And aww sorry to hear that! What course did you get offered instead?:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by gscott10
Thankyou! Did you have a group interview too or were you by yourself? Were you mixed in with other fields of nursing like child and adult as well as mental health?? And aww sorry to hear that! What course did you get offered instead?:smile:

It was a group interview (kind of) we rotated around each of the interviewers and it was just mental health :smile: It wasn't one of my top choices so I wasn't too bothered and they offered me a community health care course instead haha :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by hanna_h
It was a group interview (kind of) we rotated around each of the interviewers and it was just mental health :smile: It wasn't one of my top choices so I wasn't too bothered and they offered me a community health care course instead haha :smile:

Ahh so you got interviewed by all 4 people separately? So it was like for individual interviews but you were in a room with everyone?

And oh well that's not too bad! What are your top choices?:smile:
Reply 5
I've got an interview at Huddersfield University for Child Nursing and I was just wondering if anyone else good give me any insight into the kind of thing to expect on the day? I know they'll be a group interview but thats about it! Any tips?

Hi :smile: I'm in my first year as an adult nurse at Huddersfield so can tell you about my interview that I had last year.

The first part was a 'group interview'. There was a group of about 10 of us sat in a circle and we were given a scenario e.g 'an elderly lady is walking in the street wearing a hospital gown and seems confused, what do you do?'. A lecturer was sat watching us as we discussed what we would do. There was no structure to this you basically had to speak up to get yourself heard otherwise others would dominate the discussion.

The second part was a one-to-one interview. I personally had an interview with a lecturer from the uni but I heard of others being interviewed by service users. They just asked stuff like 'why nursing, what will you find challenging, what will you find rewarding, why Huddersfield'.

Hope this helps, good luck!
Reply 6
Ahh so you got interviewed by all 4 people separately? So it was like for individual interviews but you were in a room with everyone?

And oh well that's not too bad! What are your top choices?:smile:

Yeah, like that :smile: one of them was service user, one was a scenario, one was why nursing and the other was skills ect.

My top are The University of Manchester (i've got an offer from them) and The University of Cumbria :smile: Is Huddersfield your top choice?
Hannah, How long did you interview last???

Hey have you had your interview already? I have mine in less than 2 weeks and was just wondering how it is, I think its my first choice! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest