The Student Room Group

Kelvin Science Prize 2014 (Peterhouse)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
I might just delete it all :colonhash:

Well I've pretty much finished mine, so no way am I deleting it... might get some of my friends who do essay-based subjects to read over it just to get some more opinions...
Original post by bethanyyyy
Well I've pretty much finished mine, so no way am I deleting it... might get some of my friends who do essay-based subjects to read over it just to get some more opinions...

Mine is more political than science it seems hmmmm
Mine is more political than science it seems hmmmm

Well mine is partly English Lit and I dropped that for a reason... :3
Reply 83
Original post by JackTeh96
Have you finished you essay? I bet yours will be so good :smile:

Ha i'm nowhere near that :biggrin: I keep changing it and I still have to put things together :/ what about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by AlaaTar
Ha i'm nowhere near that :biggrin: I keep changing it and I still have to put things together :/ what about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine is still a mess :smile:m:colondollar:
Reply 85
Mine is still a mess :smile:m:colondollar:

I bet it's not, There's so much to Talk about...I can't even sum it up :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Has anyone for an example of a previous year winner or highly commended? Could be helpful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Considering starting this on the weekend, I doubt it will take long and I don't fancy my chances anyway. People's reluctance to exchange essays has entertained me! If I do, do it it will be the one on genius being because of a particular time or place, and happily exchange with someone not doing my topic!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathsfanatic123
Considering starting this on the weekend, I doubt it will take long and I don't fancy my chances anyway. People's reluctance to exchange essays has entertained me! If I do, do it it will be the one on genius being because of a particular time or place, and happily exchange with someone not doing my topic!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :rofl:
Thank you :rofl:

My pleasure, bear in mind I can't write for toffee and it will be a draft!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by AlaaTar
I bet it's not, There's so much to Talk about...I can't even sum it up :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Conclusion left!!!
Reply 91
Conclusion left!!!

Long way to go for me haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Can someone help me with referencing please? Do I need to list where I've used each source in the main body of the text or can I just have a list of books/websites on a separate page?
Original post by Ros09
Can someone help me with referencing please? Do I need to list where I've used each source in the main body of the text or can I just have a list of books/websites on a separate page?

Tbh, I think a separate page with all links and books would suffice. The winning essay in 2012 hadn't references in main text.
Reply 94
Tbh, I think a separate page with all links and books would suffice. The winning essay in 2012 hadn't references in main text.

I literally see you on every post I watch on here by the way. Guessing our paths might cross at one point or another...

How's everyone getting past winning essays as well?
Original post by Ros09

I literally see you on every post I watch on here by the way. Guessing our paths might cross at one point or another...

How's everyone getting past winning essays as well?

I only saw this one which was the 'Philosophy of Science is as useful as Ormithology is to Birds' which was really well written but imo it was a rubbish 'science' thing because it was all about definitions of stuff.
I only saw this one which was the 'Philosophy of Science is as useful as Ormithology is to Birds' which was really well written but imo it was a rubbish 'science' thing because it was all about definitions of stuff.

Would you be so kind as to provide us with a link of that essay? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any links to commended/winning essays?
Reply 98

I saw this one as well! Was more philosophical than scientific. Sounded quite intelligent though with all the definitions and rhetorical questions though. And I guess it was structured very well.

So much work to do on mine! Looking forward to this weekend...will be wild.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
OMG... i finally finished it!!! but i still need to edit it ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending