The Student Room Group

Driving test 8.10am tomorrow

Hey, from the title you can see i have my test tomorrow at 8.10am :eek:

Just wondered if anyone has any last minute advice/ anything you wish you'd known or thought to do before your test?

Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hope you can find your paper driving licence.....
Original post by ChloeBazingaa
Hey, from the title you can see i have my test tomorrow at 8.10am :eek:

Just wondered if anyone has any last minute advice/ anything you wish you'd known or thought to do before your test?

Thank you :smile:

Original post by JayReg

This.

OP, make sure you find your paper counterpart. There have been stories of people on here who couldn't find their counterpart paper license!

Just make sure though that you try and keep in mind that you have to demonstrate you can drive safely and not be in the frame of mind of 'I need to get back to the test centre quickly'!

Best of luck!
Don't creep forward at roundabouts otherwise the instructor will cry then fail you for making her cry
Original post by JayReg

Original post by James A
This.

OP, make sure you find your paper counterpart. There have been stories of people on here who couldn't find their counterpart paper license!

Just make sure though that you try and keep in mind that you have to demonstrate you can drive safely and not be in the frame of mind of 'I need to get back to the test centre quickly'!

Best of luck!

Counterpart is already in car with provisional and theory certificate! My friend recently did exactly what you said, amazingly she managed to forget it for both her theory first, and then practical! :confused:

Thank you! Definitely need to keep my eyes off the time and on the road.. :colondollar:
Original post by ChloeBazingaa
Counterpart is already in car with provisional and theory certificate! My friend recently did exactly what you said, amazingly she managed to forget it for both her theory first, and then practical! :confused:

Thank you! Definitely need to keep my eyes off the time and on the road.. :colondollar:

:yy:

When you're at a junction and you're waiting to emerge onto the main road, just keep on waiting until you are dead certain there are no cars coming from either side (if you're turning right), even if you're waiting for as long as a minute... just keep waiting because it's very tempting to think to myself ..... ' I'm holding up cars behind and I've been here for a while, I better get on with it' ' !

Make sure you don't have that approach!

Also, the cars behind can bleep you till the cows come home! Don't let them put you off! That's what I almost failed my second test on (but passed it though :smug: )

You'll be fine though!
Reply 6
good luck i hope you pass , is this your first attempt?
Reply 7
Bit late now but if you suffer from nerves take something for it!!
Reply 8
Awful time for a driving test imo. My first one was early too and I was far too tired
Reply 9
make sure you actually look at your mirrors when your switching lane as i just move my head and look and hope that no ones there that's how i failed
Original post by chickenonsteroids
Don't creep forward at roundabouts otherwise the instructor will cry then fail you for making her cry

THIS!

That's how I failed... wasn't planning on going anyway but they just don't care lol have another one this week so hopefully there's no drivers putting no signals at that time.
If you stall , don't start crying. If you do some weird **** that you've never done before , but it's not dangerous , don't worry about it. And watch your speed limit - my friend's failed three times for going too fast and going too slow.

I stalled , pulled up to the kerb twice like i'm not even joking a metre and a half away , suffer from severe panic attacks (didn't have one , woo!) and thought i'd hit the kerb on the turn in the road. I passed first time and with something like six minors? You'll be fine :smile:
Original post by rainfairy
Bit late now but if you suffer from nerves take something for it!!

Just to counter this - as I said I suffer from panic attacks so I decided to 'test drive' some calming medicine a week before my test and it made me so sleepy.

I'd advise just drink water , stay away from caffeine and get yourself up in plenty of time so you're not stressed. I was absolutely fine and my nerves are usually completely shot (I'm one of those people that cries when they wake up late and are five minutes behind schedule)
Just go into the test with an open frame of mind. Do what you usually do in your lessons, they usually ask the same things your instructor asks during mocks (routes etc.) You need to have the right balance of not hesitating but also not being reckless. If you have any doubt don't go, better to get a minor due to hesitation than a major...

Really hope you pass, good luck!
Go to bed.
Reply 15
so how did it go?
Thank you all for your advice it all helped - passed first time with 3 minors!!!!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jordooooom
Awful time for a driving test imo. My first one was early too and I was far too tired

The nerves made me wake up aha. Worst thing I'd say for an eight-ten test was how dark it was. Off putting, especially in the hour lesson before the test!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Well done :smile: hopefully i can pass on friday pray for me :P
Reply 19
well done , ive got my second driving test next tuesday at 8:10 aswel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending