The Student Room Group

Computer animation - Cardiff/ 3d animation&modelling - Hertfordshire

Just been accepted to Cardiff university, computer animation :biggrin: Still waiting for Hertfordshire to get in touch as it's my first choice. They've already invited me to a interview and I have accepted, but i had to email them to say I can't make it due to travel costs, so I emailed them, saying can I send my portfolio in via email. Haven't heard off them yet :/

Just wanted to know the people who has applied for computer animation in Cardiff or 3d animation/3d modelling at Hertfordshire ?:smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Send me a PM with your email address and UCAS ID number and name in it and I'll have a look in our records about you.
Reply 2
Hi Kurt, I also applied for Hertfordshire, but my College only sent my application away yesterday so I doubt I'll be hearing from any of my choices soon.
Reply 3
Hello :smile: aww no worries, they'll soon get in touch. When I first sent mine off, I had two offers just days after. I felt wanted Hahaha So what course are you currently studying ?
Reply 4
Original post by kurtisenos94
Hello :smile: aww no worries, they'll soon get in touch. When I first sent mine off, I had two offers just days after. I felt wanted Hahaha So what course are you currently studying ?

Currently studying the BTEC Extended Dimploma in Interactive Media, we have one lesson (1:45 minutes) a week where we use Maya but honestly in that time I haven't learnt anything from it.

You?
Reply 5
BTEC Extended Diploma in Interactive Media hahaha We don't get taught it. They just give us tutorials :/ We're meant to get taught 3ds Max. None of my class mates haven't even touched Maya.

Before this course I started with Cinema 4d, to 3ds Max. Ending up with Maya, along with after effects and Photoshop :smile:

Here's my portfolio. No drawings on there yet and haven't put my animation on there

https://www.behance.net/portfolio/projects
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Hey I'll message you :~)
I was accepted to South Wales for Computer Animation :smile: Not sure if that's the Cardiff one you were referring to though! lol. I was given an invitation for an interview at Hertfordshire too :smile:
Reply 8
See you soon then :smile: Did you get an email with some files explaining the sort of portfolio we were interested in seeing?

Quick Reply

Latest