The Student Room Group

Help I need to make a decision between backpacking or pharmacy

I have been bitten very hardly by the travel bug and ever since I was about 12 I've wanted to be a full time backpacker but I feel I need a qualification to set me up for life if I stay in the uk and go to university in September I will be doing pharmacy at Bristol, my parents aren't buzzing to the idea of me being knocking back a career in pharmacy to be a backpacker. I know I could do a gap year but I know for a fact that I won't end up coming. I am ready to stop dreaming and start living and back packing my life , do you any who are full time backpackers or were full time backpackers for a period of 5 or so years . I could go after uni but what would I do about the debts
I'll put this in the Gap Year section :smile:
Reply 2
How are you going to get the money to be a "full time backpacker"? I'd say do a gap year then go to uni. Uni still has ridiculously long holidays that you'll be able to go backpacking in and once it's finished, you can re-evaluate your life. Good to have something solid to fall back on though.
Original post by The-Dream
How are you going to get the money to be a "full time backpacker"? I'd say do a gap year then go to uni. Uni still has ridiculously long holidays that you'll be able to go backpacking in and once it's finished, you can re-evaluate your life. Good to have something solid to fall back on though.

A degree is hardly solid.

Dat unemployment statistics tho.

Quick Reply

Latest