The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Adult nursing

I have an interview in February for adult nursing at hull uni, could anyone give me any advice on what sort of face to face questions they may ask?
Thanks
Reply 1
Hi Becky, I am a first year student nurse adult branch. Well done on getting an interview.

It is not as bad as you think it is going to be, the interviewers make you feel at ease and ask you questions like why do you want to be a nurse, what does it mean to be a human being, have at any time you been in control of a situation things like that but it may of changed.

The course is amazing very hard work and stressful but great with it. I have had the best four months ever. We just had a big exam and handed in a 4000 word assignment !! We off for 11 days now till we go on placement.

You can ask me anything you want I will help best I can.
Good luck
Louise xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Louisex37
Hi Becky, I am a first year student nurse adult branch. Well done on getting an interview.

It is not as bad as you think it is going to be, the interviewers make you feel at ease and ask you questions like why do you want to be a nurse, what does it mean to be a human being, have at any time you been in control of a situation things like that but it may of changed.

The course is amazing very hard work and stressful but great with it. I have had the best four months ever. We just had a big exam and handed in a 4000 word assignment !! We off for 11 days now till we go on placement.

You can ask me anything you want I will help best I can.
Good luck

Louise xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! Sorry to bother you!
I have an interview at hull next week for the adult branch! I was just wondering what the maths questions were like! All the other interviews i've had have allowed a calculator and Hull don't! So i was just wondering what they were like, if you could help?
thanks! x
Reply 3
Hi 'Beckystudent'

I to have an interview in February for the adult nursing at hull. I am getting myself into such panic.

When is your interview?
Reply 4
Original post by Grrace95
Hi! Sorry to bother you!
I have an interview at hull next week for the adult branch! I was just wondering what the maths questions were like! All the other interviews i've had have allowed a calculator and Hull don't! So i was just wondering what they were like, if you could help?
thanks! x

Your not bothering me at all. Honestly it wasn't a all that bad, 2; hour clock, read up on mean mode range average, drug calculations but very simple ones like for e.g mrs smith needs 75mg of aspirin but the tablets come in 25 mg how many tablets will she need. Also have a look at the bmi calculations and how to do it as that's on there to. If I can do it at 37 out of education for years and having 4 babies which apparently makes your brains shrink lol any one can pass it xxx if you need any other help I here, be yourself be caring polite give clear answers don't speak to fast, be yourself. They not there to catch you out they want to make sure you are the right person for the job. Good luck xxxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I recently went for my interview at hull uni for adult nursing and I think my interview went really well however my maths test not so much. I was wondering if be able to ring the uni and request a resit as I really wouldn't want it to jeopardise me getting an offer. Would I be able to do this even if I request a different paper from the one I sat? Please help

Becky
Reply 6
Hi! I recently got a conditional offer to study adult nursing in September at the university of hull!! Over the moon because I was so scared I'd failed the maths test because I found it so difficult!

Has anyone else had an offer? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Grrace95
Hi! I recently got a conditional offer to study adult nursing in September at the university of hull!! Over the moon because I was so scared I'd failed the maths test because I found it so difficult!

Has anyone else had an offer? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi

Well done!

I too have just been offered a place, I am so happy as I didn't think the interview went that well.
Reply 8
Original post by Lobeloo
Hi

Well done!

I too have just been offered a place, I am so happy as I didn't think the interview went that well.

That's great!! Hopefully see you there in September! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Well Done!! I've also got a conditional offer there! See you in September!
Reply 10
Hi everyone. Well done to those of you who have been given a offer this year =) I have my interview tomorrow and im so nervous! Never usually like this. Is there many questions that are thrown at you unexpectedly?x

Quick Reply

Latest