The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Access to Success Route

I am going to study Y032 this Feb. I have sent an Access to Success funding form which has been approved, but now on my StudentHome page it says that I need to send the registration form. I was wondering if it was the same thing ass the Access to Success form. Feeling a bit panicky as I am kn holiday to see my family and out the country, and panicking beings I am close to the expiry date???
Reply 1
Might just be the website. One of my modules said waiting for the registration pack long after it was sent off. I'm not sure if the funding form is the same as the registration form. Did you register online/phone for the module and get a registration number?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
I have a Personal Identification number, and the Access to Success funding form was sent to me by email from an OU adviser. I got the same form through the post a few days after I sent the completed form. I know they received my application form, and it was assessed and accepted for funding, but now I am wondering about this whole registration form???
Reply 3
I'm guessing you've got the go ahead for the funding for an access module but need to register for the module itself (as there are 3 I think to choose from they need to assign you to that specific module) but I've never done the access modules so not entirely sure. Best bet is to ring up and confirm it either way then at least you'll know.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi there
I'm going through the Access to Success route too, if you contact the OU can you let us know what they say please? I'm just waiting to see if I can get funding or not so presumably I'll be in a similar situation!

Good luck hope you get it sorted!!! :smile:

X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hi Lynette,

Don't worry!! The open uni doesn't take long to assess the Access to Success funding form if your application is near the deadline. My funding got approved in 4 days. After you see that it's approved on your StudentHome page just ring the OU and tell them you need to pay £25 as your funding has been approved. Once you pay you will confirmation of enrolment within 2 days. Your study pack gets sent automatically after registration, and mine is coming on Monday as I had to change delivery info
Original post by Alex85panda
Hi Lynette,

Don't worry!! The open uni doesn't take long to assess the Access to Success funding form if your application is near the deadline. My funding got approved in 4 days. After you see that it's approved on your StudentHome page just ring the OU and tell them you need to pay £25 as your funding has been approved. Once you pay you will confirmation of enrolment within 2 days. Your study pack gets sent automatically after registration, and mine is coming on Monday as I had to change delivery info

Hi

Thanks for that. I had a phone call on Friday to say my funding had been approved so paid the £25 over the phone. Student home page is up and running so now just waiting to hear when my pack will arrive. Hope it isn't much longer because now I can't wait!!!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
That's great news Lynette!! My parcel was being delivered Friday, but they couldn't find the address so being delivered today. So mine took 2 days after I paid for the module
I received mine today! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending