The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

I think I applied to the wrong course(Mathstats)how easy is it to change to maths?

Haven't got an offer from Bristol yet, but was wondering how easy it is to change from Maths and Stats BSc to Maths BSc?

If it's within 7 days of submitting UCAS, you can just log on and change your option :smile: I did mine that way. But if not, I guess email them and ask?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
You'll be able to do it fine once you're there. The two courses e will be identical for the first year at least (in general). Contact them rather than UCAS. Once you have your offer that is!
Reply 3
Original post by EasyReppin
You'll be able to do it fine once you're there. The two courses e will be identical for the first year at least (in general). Contact them rather than UCAS. Once you have your offer that is!

Got an offer today! :biggrin: Are you at Bristol yourself, may I ask?
Reply 4
Original post by 3.1415927
Got an offer today! :biggrin: Are you at Bristol yourself, may I ask?

Brilliant. You must be thrilled!
No I'm not. I just know (In general) that the courseS are identical for the first year. Had a quick look through Bristols website and yes, the Maths and Joint honours Maths are identical in the first year. I'd contact them directly and enquire about maybe changing. It shouldn't be a problem tbh and once you're there it should definitely be an option to change if you were to wait to once you're there.

Best of Luck :crossedf:
Reply 5
Original post by EasyReppin
Brilliant. You must be thrilled!
No I'm not. I just know (In general) that the courseS are identical for the first year. Had a quick look through Bristols website and yes, the Maths and Joint honours Maths are identical in the first year. I'd contact them directly and enquire about maybe changing. It shouldn't be a problem tbh and once you're there it should definitely be an option to change if you were to wait to once you're there.

Best of Luck :crossedf:

Thanks, I am indeed :smile:

I don't think I can change it now, I think I'll have to wait and deal with it when I am there!
But thanks for your help!
Reply 6
The school will allow you. Providing you do ok in first year it'll be no issue. Or even changing in fresher's week.

Good luck Pi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending