The Student Room Group

Boots Graduate Scheme 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Bumping up. Got my letter through, anyone else? Desperate to know where we will be placed (store specific wise).
Reply 21
I'm on day 10 of waiting now and still not heard a thing... Been advised it would be no more than a week as well. Desperate to be put out of my misery now :frown:
Reply 22
Original post by ltmc7
I'm on day 10 of waiting now and still not heard a thing... Been advised it would be no more than a week as well. Desperate to be put out of my misery now :frown:

How did you feel your AC went?
Original post by ltmc7

Was this for the central region?
Reply 24
Original post by Emilyjayne90
Was this for the central region?

Pretty sure that one was Dublin.

When I did mine they said we would get a phone call during the next week if we were successful and an email the week after that if not. Seems very delayed for the last stint.
Reply 25
Original post by Emilyjayne90
Heard anything?

Sorry, I've not had Internet access at home for a bit! I heard a week ago on Friday after relenting and phoning graduate recruitment - got a rejection about an hour later. I thought my AC actually went alright other than being pushed for time! A girl in my AC was working in a flagship store in NI, working with a graduate retail manager in her store and, better yet, her own store manager was one of the ASSESSORS at the AC so to say that was an absolute bitch is saying the least - I'm 200% confident she got a position. Just going to have to keep my fingers crossed for my next AC in St Albans!

Have you heard anything?
Reply 26
Original post by ltmc7
Sorry, I've not had Internet access at home for a bit! I heard a week ago on Friday after relenting and phoning graduate recruitment - got a rejection about an hour later. I thought my AC actually went alright other than being pushed for time! A girl in my AC was working in a flagship store in NI, working with a graduate retail manager in her store and, better yet, her own store manager was one of the ASSESSORS at the AC so to say that was an absolute bitch is saying the least - I'm 200% confident she got a position. Just going to have to keep my fingers crossed for my next AC in St Albans!

Have you heard anything?

Sorry to hear that :frown: what is your St Albans one for?
Reply 27
Hi everyone

I applied for the role of graduate operations manager at the Nottingham head office. I passed the assessment online and the maths assessment but I have a telephone interview in Tuesday coming! Does anyone know what they'll ask? I've been swotting up on their retail news etc and I've been an assistant supervisor at a retail store for almost 3 yeara, while studying... Will that comne up? Will they put me through on-the-phone scenarios?

Any help much appreciated!
Original post by rosee92
Hi everyone

I applied for the role of graduate operations manager at the Nottingham head office. I passed the assessment online and the maths assessment but I have a telephone interview in Tuesday coming! Does anyone know what they'll ask? I've been swotting up on their retail news etc and I've been an assistant supervisor at a retail store for almost 3 yeara, while studying... Will that comne up? Will they put me through on-the-phone scenarios?

Any help much appreciated!

Hi Rose,

I have a phone interview on Thursday for the finance grad scheme at the Nottingham office. Could you give me some advice please? What kind of questions did they ask etc? Also were you successful with your interview?

I appreciate any help!
Original post by ChrisO_117
Hi Rose,

I have a phone interview on Thursday for the finance grad scheme at the Nottingham office. Could you give me some advice please? What kind of questions did they ask etc? Also were you successful with your interview?

I appreciate any help!

I got asked 4 questions
- what do you consider to be a key part of Boot's business model
- What approach do you take when you have to make a decision
- What approach do you take when handling someone with a different working approach to you
I can't remember the last one I'm afraid, it was over a month ago. I know I gave examples with each answer and explained my answer. Researching the company really helped.
I got through to the assessment centre (1 out of 8 who did!) but didn't get offered a position.
Original post by rosee92
I got asked 4 questions
- what do you consider to be a key part of Boot's business model
- What approach do you take when you have to make a decision
- What approach do you take when handling someone with a different working approach to you
I can't remember the last one I'm afraid, it was over a month ago. I know I gave examples with each answer and explained my answer. Researching the company really helped.
I got through to the assessment centre (1 out of 8 who did!) but didn't get offered a position.

Sucks you didn't get offered a position. Thanks for all the help, hopefully I can nail this phone interview.
How did you get on with telephone interview? What kind of questions did they ask? if you don't mind me asking :smile:
Hey man,

I was not successful unfortunately. I can't remember exactly the wording but the questions were based on
-Why Boots
-Organisation
-Leadership
-Decision making
First one is pretty self explanatory. The other three were just explain how you go about these things and give examples.
Hi rosee,
Just wondered if you could give any information regarding the assessment day? As in was it only for the people that applied for the position you applied for or was there people from a range of grad schemes there?
Regards
Reply 34
Hi everyone,

I had my phone interview for the finance scheme on the 28th of May. Does anyone know roughly how long it is before they get back to you?
Original post by Tinsley
In my email there was a link that was essentially Boots.com / assessment centre or something similar, and it had headings on the left which you clicked and it tells you info on those pages. That was all I had, but I found it quite in depth/specific about what they do ask you about. To be honest I think you can over prep too, as long as you fell you get to grips with the stuff they list then you should be fine :smile:

Hiya was there a numerical test on the day?

thanks
Reply 36
Hi, know this was from last year, but was just wondering how long it took until you knew if you had passed the numerical reasoning? It's always my downfall and I performed terribly! Just hoping there is some chance of even a telephone interview!

Quick Reply

Latest