The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Accommodation

Ok, so I have no received all of my offers and I am soon going to firm and insure my choice, (Birmingham Firm, Surrey Insurance)...I just have to build up the courage to do it. Now, I know accommodation application can be competitive, and so I am going to sort this out. For Birmingham since it is my firm I understand I am guaranteed a place, and no worries there. However, I was looking at Surrey and it stated

"NEW STUDENTS FOR 2013/14
Applications for new students for the 2013/14 academic year remain open.

Please note that to apply online you will need to have accepted a firm offer (conditional or unconditional) from the University of Surrey. It may take up to 48 hours after this for our systems to update.

Apply Online Now
If you have any enquiries, please read the relevant information on the right, or read the FAQs. If you wish to apply but can't log in, please contact us."

Now it states there that to apply for accommodation online Surrey must be firmed...however this is not the case. Could anyone enlighten me as to what I do, do I apply if it is my insurance?

Thanks, podrodow.
Reply 1
bumpity bump
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
You're not a student for the 2013/2014 academic year though, are you?
Reply 3
Original post by Dan1909
You're not a student for the 2013/2014 academic year though, are you?

I know, but does that mean that they haven't started 2014/15 applications yet? I literally have no idea about this
Reply 4
Original post by podrodow1
I know, but does that mean that they haven't started 2014/15 applications yet? I literally have no idea about this

I'm not totally sure, but don't base what you're doing on the application documents for the previous year.

It's very early in the intake cycle still, so there's no pressure to apply for accommodation yet; I'm not even sure if you can yet! You'll get emails and details about it all at a later date, the university aren't just going to leave you with no accommodation for the year!

If you're really concerned and want to know for sure, you can always just phone the accommodation office, they'll be able to give you the exact answers.
Reply 5
Ahh ok, thanks man. I thought this was mid-cycle because I received an email from my Firm(Birmingham) stating that accommodation applications had started, so I thought I may be quite behind! But yeah I'll keep an eye out for emails and maybe dink them an email.
Reply 6
You cant apply for accommodation at Surrey untill they are your firm choice. Which if you don't get into your original firm choice will then be the case. So basically you wouldn't be able to apply untill about August when you know if you got in to Birmingham
^ That.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending