The Student Room Group

Beardbrah rises...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
FRIDAY AM: upper horizontal

DB bench (flat) - warmups + 34 x 5, 30 x 7
DB bench (high incline) - 22 x 8+4, 5 TUT
DB row - warmups + 42 x 12, 34 x 12 strict
Machine row - warmup + 75 x 6+4, 33 x 6,6, (one-arm pronated)
Pec deck - 52 x 15, 54 x 10, 8+1+1
Cable fly-press - 12.5 x 10 + dropsets
T-bar row - 30 x 5, 35 x 11
Overhead tricep extension - 25 x 6, 8, 27.5 x 6, 8
Facepulls - 28.75 x 10+4, 10
Weighted plank - +25kg x 30s, +45kg x 30s

Bretty gud
Reply 41
This train coming in on its final destination of shreddedville. 2 days remaining.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Beardy-brah is uploading an album of end-of-cut pictures for yall this evening
Original post by Beardbrah
Beardy-brah is uploading an album of end-of-cut pictures for yall this evening

Reply 45
SUNDAY NOON: lower B

Back squat - warmups + 110 x 5,5,5,5,5
SLDL - warmups + 110 x 5,5,5, 90x8
RDL - 50x5 paused
Hyperextensions - BW x 12, +15kg x 8 + BW x 8 , +5kg BTN x 10 + BW x 8,+5kg BTN x 7 + BW x 8

Back squat was sickening. Carbed up last night, so fun today. SLDLs were ok. Hyperextensions very good - started putting the plate behind my head/neck, much better, and the bodyweight dropsets finished me off.

Wanted to train calves today but decided to give it a miss cos my plantar fasciitis was playing up like hellfire. Tried a few hanging leg raises but my shoulders were killing me - and they also felt like **** during my squats.... #worried

and for anyone who missed it yesterday, here's my end of cut photos http://imgur.com/a/TnuEp#0
Nice work brah. Finally outsquatting Rachel. :ahee:

In b4"i swear m8, u r 1 cheeky ****"...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
MONDAY AM: upper vertical

DB shoulder press - warmups + 26 x 5, 24 x 5+2, 22 x 6
Machine shoulder press - 34.5 x 5, 32 x 6
Lat pulldown (neutral) - warmups + 87 x 5+2+1+2, strapped - 66 x 8+3, 4
Lat pullover (cable pronated) - 28.75 x 8, 7
Diagonal row - 26.25 x 7, 6
DB lateral raise - 8kg x 8, 6kg x 12, 10, 10
Lu xiaojun raises - 5kg plate x 8, 10
Hammer curl - 12kg x 12, 10, swinging - 16kg x 6
EZ curl - 22.5kg x 4+2, 20kg x 5

Sickening work out, that is all.

Nice session, and the cut pics are fantastic brah:yy:

Just Googled Lu xiaojun raises because I didn't know what they were, saw some Asian guy doing them on Youtube (quarkkk). Are they effective and do they just mimic the traditional side raise?

They are very similar to Arnie's cat raises

Spoiler

Well judging by those lower ab veins you got pretty damn lean, good job- what % do you reckon you're at?

If I were you I'd do some dedicated ab work to try and bring your abs up to take advantage of your leanness! What weight did you end the cut at?
Reply 50
Original post by In One Ear
Well judging by those lower ab veins you got pretty damn lean, good job- what % do you reckon you're at?

If I were you I'd do some dedicated ab work to try and bring your abs up to take advantage of your leanness! What weight did you end the cut at?

reckon about 11-12% ? No interest in bringing my abs up, to me, abs are functional and I don't believe in training them concentrically - because it has no function and its not safe. It's actually harmful to load the spine in flexion.

Original post by pinda.college
Nice session, and the cut pics are fantastic brah:yy:

Just Googled Lu xiaojun raises because I didn't know what they were, saw some Asian guy doing them on Youtube (quarkkk). Are they effective and do they just mimic the traditional side raise?

They are very similar to Arnie's cat raises

Spoiler

Lu raises are pretty good for traps, not very effective for lateral delts - the lateral delt raise variation I do is possibly the best side delt movement of all time. You gotta lean to the side so that your shoulder is in 20 degrees of abduction with the arm hanging perpendicular to the floor. This removes supraspinatus from the movement and shortens the lateral deltoid moment arm, thus isolating the lateral delt. There's also a degree of internal rotation involved, and I use a thumbless pronated grip with a slightly flexed elbow... I should probably do a video.
Reply 51
Congrats on finishing the PSMF - strong body but stronger mind m8. Great results - side chest is particularly impressive - that was a highlight for me. Did lol when straight under the post which announces the cut album you mention the cut album again for anyone who missed it lel.
Original post by Amskyr
Congrats on finishing the PSMF - strong body but stronger mind m8. Great results - side chest is particularly impressive - that was a highlight for me. Did lol when straight under the post which announces the cut album you mention the cut album again for anyone who missed it lel.

Maybe you can use this motivation to finally finish UD2 now, m8.
Reply 53
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Maybe you can use this motivation to finally finish UD2 now, m8.

omg u cheeky.... Not taking this from someone who:

1. Doesnt even Lyle McDonald
2. Has never done a high volume workout never mind depletion
3. Did not the care for the burning sensation during cable rows
4. does not even BELIEVE in the power that is UD2

lol srsly though have been thinking about UD2 again recently, may do a three week stint and see what happens....
reckon about 11-12% ? No interest in bringing my abs up, to me, abs are functional and I don't believe in training them concentrically - because it has no function and its not safe. It's actually harmful to load the spine in flexion.

Lu raises are pretty good for traps, not very effective for lateral delts - the lateral delt raise variation I do is possibly the best side delt movement of all time. You gotta lean to the side so that your shoulder is in 20 degrees of abduction with the arm hanging perpendicular to the floor. This removes supraspinatus from the movement and shortens the lateral deltoid moment arm, thus isolating the lateral delt. There's also a degree of internal rotation involved, and I use a thumbless pronated grip with a slightly flexed elbow... I should probably do a video.

I think I know the movement you're on about but a video would be good.
In, finally. That feel when I was going to be the fist poster a week ago, although just before I clicked 'submit reply' I got banned.

That's the second time you've said this and I actually understood your post lol I'm gonna try these leaning over to the side

Sent from my HTC One
Reply 57
WEDNESDAY NOON: upper horizontal - healthy

DB bench (flat) - 32 x 6
DB bench (high incline) - 24 x 10, 6
DB row - 44 x 10, 34 x 10, 10
Chest press - 54 x 8
Seated row - 75 x 6, 82 x 5, 35.5 x 8 (one-arm pronated), 47 x 10 (two-arm neutral)
Pec deck - 56.5 x 10, 59 x 8, 61 x 6
Cable fly - 10 x 8,8,8
Seated cable row (neutral) - whole stack (?) x 10
T-bar row - 40 x 8
Overhead tricep extension - 30 x 6,6,6
Lu xiajoun raise - 5kg plate per hand x 10, 10, 5
Facepull - 26.25 x 10, 31.25 x 8, 8

Saw my doctor today about shoulders - MRI came back as perfectly normal, so did the Xray, and told I have type 1 acromion genetics (this is a good thing). So, my shoulder pain is just positional and postural. Mostly superior trap fascial tension.

Workout was pretty good, going to drop out flat bench as I don't like it. Maybe just sticking to high incline pressing and a little bit of strict tension machine pressing. Tricep work today was not good, I had pain at both elbows.
WEDNESDAY NOON: upper horizontal - healthy

DB bench (flat) - 32 x 6
DB bench (high incline) - 24 x 10, 6
DB row - 44 x 10, 34 x 10, 10
Chest press - 54 x 8
Seated row - 75 x 6, 82 x 5, 35.5 x 8 (one-arm pronated), 47 x 10 (two-arm neutral)
Pec deck - 56.5 x 10, 59 x 8, 61 x 6
Cable fly - 10 x 8,8,8
Seated cable row (neutral) - whole stack (?) x 10
T-bar row - 40 x 8
Overhead tricep extension - 30 x 6,6,6
Lu xiajoun raise - 5kg plate per hand x 10, 10, 5
Facepull - 26.25 x 10, 31.25 x 8, 8

Saw my doctor today about shoulders - MRI came back as perfectly normal, so did the Xray, and told I have type 1 acromion genetics (this is a good thing). So, my shoulder pain is just positional and postural. Mostly superior trap fascial tension.

Workout was pretty good, going to drop out flat bench as I don't like it. Maybe just sticking to high incline pressing and a little bit of strict tension machine pressing. Tricep work today was not good, I had pain at both elbows.

What the hell is this supposed to mean? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest