The Student Room Group

Rank these universities from best to worst please!

Hey!

I've just applied to study politics in five Scottish universities: Glasgow, Aberdeen (politics and IR), Dundee, Strathclyde and Stirling.

Being an international student, I don't really know which of these universities are good at teaching Politics and which aren't as good. So I'd appreciate if you guys could rank these universities from best to worst, and maybe give me some information on why you think these universities are good/bad for studying politics.

Thanks in advance!:smile:
Based on hearsay and very little concrete evidence:
1. Glasgow
2. Strathclyde
3. Aberdeen
4. Dundee

Never heard of Sterling so can't comment. Again I stress, this is certainly not a definitive list.
Reply 2
Original post by tengentoppa
1. Glasgow
2. Strathclyde
3. Aberdeen
4. Dundee

Never heard of Sterling so can't comment. Again I stress, this is certainly not a definitive list.

Thanks! I thought that Aberdeen was better than Strathclyde, but I guess I was wrong.

Does anyone have an opinion about Stirling?
Reply 3
Original post by tengentoppa
1. Glasgow
2. Strathclyde
3. Aberdeen
4. Dundee

basically this, except I would say Aberdeen is 2
Original post by Virtahepo
Thanks! I thought that Aberdeen was better than Strathclyde, but I guess I was wrong.

Does anyone have an opinion about Stirling?

Given that the poster told you he was going on hearsay and very little concrete evidence, you may be being too quick to change your mind on the basis of one opinion.
Reply 5
Original post by matt_g96
basically this, except I would say Aberdeen is 2

Alrighty.. I'd assume Stirling is at the bottom then?
Reply 6
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Given that the poster told you he was going on hearsay and very little concrete evidence, you may be being too quick to change your mind on the basis of one opinion.

Fair enough, I better wait for some more answers before I form a definite opinion:P

I just really have no idea about how good these universities are, I just applied to all universities that weren't former polytechnics and didn't have insane entry requirements like Edinburgh and St. Andrews.
I would say

1. Glasgow
2. Aberdeen
3. Strathclyde
4. Stirling
5. Dundee
Reply 8
Reply 9
Glasgow ranked 23

Aberdeen 43

Strathclyde 41

Dundee 47

Stirling 49

Overall ranking, for politics it may be different http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Politics .
In general terms, Glasgow is the best, followed by Aberdeen, with the other three broadly on a par.

However, as a politics student I can tell you that the most important thing is to look at is what modules are on offer - do they interest you? Don't go anywhere where you don't think that you'll find the modules interesting.
Read all of this - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/firm_and_insurance_choices

You have MONTHS to make this choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending