The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Still haven't heard anything of University of Westminster?

My UCAs got sent off just before Christmas, on 2nd January I received an email saying they have my application and a decision will be made as soon as possible.

I'm starting to get a bit worried because that was 12 days ago, since then I have heard of all of the other universities except Westminster.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
12 days of waiting is nothing. People that are applying to competitive universities need to wait like 4-6 months to get a final decision from them. Just be patient.
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by JJ_TW
My UCAs got sent off just before Christmas, on 2nd January I received an email saying they have my application and a decision will be made as soon as possible.

I'm starting to get a bit worried because that was 12 days ago, since then I have heard of all of the other universities except Westminster.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you applying for? If its a competitive course then it'll take a while.
I applied yesterday and got a offer today but my course isn't very competitive so...

My friends applied for childcare about 7 weeks ago and only just got a yes. Doesn't mean anything is wrong. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by JJ_TW

Posted from TSR Mobile

12 days? Wait until you're twiddling your thumbs after 12 weeks. Just be patient.
I applied in October ... still haven't heard anything. Does anyone know if they've sent out rejection letters? I applied for tourism & events management.
Reply 5
Original post by hannbann5678
I applied in October ... still haven't heard anything. Does anyone know if they've sent out rejection letters? I applied for tourism & events management.

I don't have a clue, I hope you hear soon. I hope they don't leave me waiting that long. I'm going to leave it a few more weeks before emailing them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied early November for Film and Television Production, how long do you think I'll be waiting?
Original post by JJ_TW
I don't have a clue, I hope you hear soon. I hope they don't leave me waiting that long. I'm going to leave it a few more weeks before emailing them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seriously soo stressful.. especially bc im from the us so I have a lot to do in preparation if I'm gonna move. About a month after I applied they asked for copies of my transcripts (they already had the grades from my app) & after I sent those in that was the last I hears from them. No change to my track since October 18th. Seriously sucks.
Reply 8
I dont think they start processing things until the first of the year. I submitted my application in November of 2012, and it wasnt until February that I heard from them regarding interviews. But after that it was fairly quick, as i got my acceptance in the beginning of March. It wouldn't make sense for them to reply back to you in December, especially if most people dont start applying until the beginning of the year. They would have just started term in October, and not everyone applies that early. Just be patient. They aren't going to miss an opportunity to make money. I can promise you that.
Reply 9
Original post by kaine.anderson
I applied early November for Film and Television Production, how long do you think I'll be waiting?

I applied for Film & Television Production too and still haven't heard anything.
They sent me the questionnaire thing out and I completed and returned that, but that was beginning of December.....
Reply 10
Same I applied for film and tv production and have sent back the questionnaire and still haven't heard anything from them
I applied in October/November time...only just heard back from one of my courses now.. still waiting on the other
I had an interview last week, for film and television after completing the questionnaire. I hope it went ok, but am wondering when they reply!!! If anybody else can help
I applied a week before christmas and still didn't hear from them...
Original post by Sophie jane
I had an interview last week, for film and television after completing the questionnaire. I hope it went ok, but am wondering when they reply!!! If anybody else can help

Probably it depends on the number of interviws on each day. I don't know for film and television but I had a skype interview for fashion merchandising and they replied a few hours later. I don't think it will take long though, probably a week, two tops!
Original post by andreeaboboc
Probably it depends on the number of interviws on each day. I don't know for film and television but I had a skype interview for fashion merchandising and they replied a few hours later. I don't think it will take long though, probably a week, two tops!

Thankyou! Hopefully shouldn't take too long! And I hope it hasn't taken them this long just to decline me hah
Reply 16

How long did it take for them to respond to your questionnaire about the interview? I've sent mine a month ago and still no reply!
Original post by Leyan
How long did it take for them to respond to your questionnaire about the interview? I've sent mine a month ago and still no reply!

Oh I'm really sorry :frown: I think it took a course of weeks, I did the question and handed it in before the date you had too. I don't know if they are still doing the first round of interviews because I just found out I got in! You may still be in luck so don't despair!!
Reply 18
Oh I'm really sorry :frown: I think it took a course of weeks, I did the question and handed it in before the date you had too. I don't know if they are still doing the first round of interviews because I just found out I got in! You may still be in luck so don't despair!!

:frown::frown::frown: Thank you for replying! Congrats on your offer:smile:! I'm thinking of calling them today to find out whether they are still doing the interviews etc. We'll see what they say:frown:

I got an offer of an interview like 2 weeks after the questionnaire deadline was. They're still interviewing up until April. I got in too - so excited!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending