The Student Room Group

Should I retake GCSE maths and geography? I got Cs.

hi I'm currently in my first year of studying a levels (english lit., french and geography) and I've been looking at university degrees and I've decided that I want to do a liberal arts degree. the problem is this is a very competitive degree and even though universities care more about a levels and there arent any specific gcse requirements for the unis i've looked at, I can't help but feel I'll be penalised for my GCSE results. I was unwell when I took my gcses and got Cs in both maths and geography. I'm especially concerned since I'm taking geography at a level. Do you think it's worth resitting geography and maths as I am better now and could almost definitely get As in both. Thanks!
Reply 1
I doubt your C in geography will hold you back as your good A level grade will supersede it and you can explain it. A C in maths has always been 'good enough' for most things but increasingly I've seen B or above as preferred/required and so I'd say it's well worth a resit. Some geography related uni courses have a maths content so it would be good to demonstrate ability if you are not doing A level maths. I'd do it in AS year or in November of A2 so there's less chance of exam clashes,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Re-do maths is possible. Maths & English is normally what's looked at.

Quick Reply

Latest