The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by panda1093
I have failed an exam for the first time in my life. I am really upset because I felt like I knew EVERYTHING but I was ridiculously tired.
Anyway, What are the major blood vessels and nerves in the posterior mediastinum? I missed something important apparently and that was the cause of my failure :frown:

Major Vessels: descending thoracic aorta, azygous and hemiazygous veins,

Nerves: thoracic spanchnic nerves
Original post by Asklepios
Major Vessels: descending thoracic aorta, azygous and hemiazygous veins,

Nerves: thoracic spanchnic nerves

thanks
Reply 62
Hiii can you add me to the list please? 3rd year at Nottingham :smile:
Wooo brand new thread! Yes I know I'm a little late, but can I please be added to the list? GKT - 2nd year :smile:
Original post by hslakaal
Yeah. tbf, I've been slacking for the past year and half, and I needed a wake-up call. Time to work hard now - need to pass on my first go this year out of necessity.

It's a bit annoying having to meet the staff tho, to discuss it. I'm kind of certain of what I did wrong; additional insight wouldn't hurt I suppose tho.

Haha. You missed last year's summer exams. Think someone got 90+ on all three papers... :rolleyes:

I know one of the people who got 90, no idea how they do it! I'm sure it'll be ok talking to the staff they can't be too scary :smile: at least now you know what you need to work on for the summer exams!
Reply 65
Original post by Nuttyneuron
I know one of the people who got 90, no idea how they do it! I'm sure it'll be ok talking to the staff they can't be too scary :smile: at least now you know what you need to work on for the summer exams!

I literally saw 90 and was like :O I was exstatic jsut to pass haha. Hope you did well!

I'm currently really tearing my hair out of some of this heart physiology stuff, the diagrams are insane! How many factors does the blood need?!?
these next 8 weeks are hell on earth
I'm not on the list on the first page :frown: :biggrin:

I think I failed my exams. Tiny shred of hope left, results next week...

Bring on the first hospital visit of the year though. Clinical stuff and talking to actual patients always gives me new motivation to actually get down to hard work
Original post by lcsurfer
I literally saw 90 and was like :O I was exstatic jsut to pass haha. Hope you did well!

I'm currently really tearing my hair out of some of this heart physiology stuff, the diagrams are insane! How many factors does the blood need?!?
these next 8 weeks are hell on earth

By some miracle I managed to get 73, grateful for the pass :biggrin: Ohh I remember the heart physiology stuff, the Cardiology at a glance book really helped make sense of his lectures last year - I think it's online in the library catalogue. I remember last year not many people actually revised the blood factors and thankfully it didn't come up in finals :biggrin:
Reply 68
Original post by Zaphod77
Can you add me too please? 1st year at Birmingham :biggrin:

Original post by manupalace
Sorry to be a pain in the arse but can my year and medical school be added? Imperial GEP 1st year :please:

Original post by Pwhiskers
Hiii can you add me to the list please? 3rd year at Nottingham :smile:

Wooo brand new thread! Yes I know I'm a little late, but can I please be added to the list? GKT - 2nd year :smile:

Original post by SilverArch
I'm not on the list on the first page :frown: :biggrin:

All done :smile:
Reply 69
Oh dear, I appear to have upset the applicants again.
Original post by Helenia

They all already know exactly what Medicine entails and every one of them is fully informed. How can you not tell? :teehee:
Reply 71
Original post by TattyBoJangles
They all already know exactly what Medicine entails and every one of them is fully informed. How can you not tell? :teehee:

I must be a **** junior doctor, I've been one for 5 years and am nowhere near being a consultant! :p:
Reply 72
Original post by Helenia
I must be a **** junior doctor, I've been one for 5 years and am nowhere near being a consultant! :p:

Some people are simply untrainable.

:p:
Original post by Helenia

Link? I wanna get in on this.

Edit: found it
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by shiggydiggy
Link? I wanna get in on this.

Edit: found it

I find your message a little uncomfortable to read!
Reply 75
...:p:
Original post by visesh
I find your message a little uncomfortable to read!

Hey!

Why don't you just leave the poor girl alone and stop badgering her, no one posts in this thread without having prior knowledge of what it entails.
Reply 77

Nah. Not scared, already met Anne Green for interrupting studies :biggrin: just annoyed for wasting their and my time.
Reply 78
In all seriousness though, I really wish I knew what sort of day-to-day **** I'd have to deal with, what the structure of training was, and the bottlenecks involved with the rat race to getting a NTN. To be fair, MMC happened after I applied, but I didn't really do my research!

If only I joined TSR (or UK-L as it was then) about a year earlier..
Original post by Helenia

Just saw it :tongue: :lol: 2 years!!!

Were we ever like that?

Totally agree with your point though. Even though I don't think people really grasp the reality of the hell that is F1/2 until they do it (based on Junior doctors I've worked with rather than my own experience obviously).

Maybe F1/2 was what she meant by 2 years?

Latest

Trending

Trending