The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Official University of Surrey Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a96clark
Hello! I applied for Mathematics with Statistics at Surrey and have been invited to an Applicants Day. There are rumours going around that these are interviews and others that are saying it means I'll get an offer... Please can you clear this up for me? Thanks!

Yes of course - so don't worry, these days are not interviews or an assessment! :smile:

The applicants days are just an opportunity for you to meet other applicants, chat with your lecturers, ask any questions you may have as well as find out more about your course. It is not compulsory to attend these days, however it is generally considered quite a valuable experience.

If you're unable to attend for whatever reason, or would like to find out more, drop Martyn Jones an email at [email protected] and he'll be able to tell you more.

Does this help?
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by Izzydizzy
Hi, it's me again :colondollar: Can I just try to get an understanding of your process for chem eng...? I have been invited to an applicant day in Feb. Your chem eng department don't send out offers until after the applicant day - does being invited to the applicant day mean that I will receive an offer? I'm assuming you won't invite me to travel down for the day, spend money on train tickets and possibly a hotel if they're still considering my application...? Sorry to be a nuisance!

Hi again :wink:
No problem at all! For Chemical Engineering, we send offers to applicants following Applicant Days (but I stress these days are not an assessment).

Applicant Days are a just good way for you to see the Department and meet academics and students who are here. If you are unable to make an Applicant Day, but you meet the grade requirements, you will receive an offer but it just takes a little longer. If you are unable to make the Applicant Day requested then you can request to come on another date, or let us know you can't attend at all :smile: If you drop Stef Allodi an email on [email protected] he'll be able to advise and tell you more.

Does this help?
Original post by waku
Helo,thank you for this facility. I have an offer for adult nursing degree,february 2015. can you please advise on the actual days and times lectures and seminars are expected to take place in the first year. this information will be very helpful to me as I need to make child care arrangements in advance.

Hi there :smile:
Thanks for your message. :smile: If you drop [email protected] an email explaining your situation they'll be able to provide as much information as possible to help.
Hi, was just wondering if you know what the period is for receiving offers from biosciences ( microbiology), just really want to know :biggrin:
Original post by University of Surrey
Yes of course - so don't worry, these days are not interviews or an assessment! :smile:

The applicants days are just an opportunity for you to meet other applicants, chat with your lecturers, ask any questions you may have as well as find out more about your course. It is not compulsory to attend these days, however it is generally considered quite a valuable experience.

If you're unable to attend for whatever reason, or would like to find out more, drop Martyn Jones an email at [email protected] and he'll be able to tell you more.

Does this help?

Thanks very much!

Sorry to question again, but does it mean I'm likely to receive an offer? Some of my friends are saying this... Thanks!
Original post by Mariam35
Hello, was wondering if you'd be able to find out around what period Surrey will be sending offers for Politics? I've applied for the Sociology and Politics course and I'm so anxious for the response :P

Hi Mariam,

We're just trying to check on the system for you - would you be able to PM me your full name and we can check your application status? :smile:
Original post by Ojmitchell
Hi, was just wondering if you know what the period is for receiving offers from biosciences ( microbiology), just really want to know :biggrin:

Hi there :smile: I'm not sure on that one, but I'll try and find out for you!
Hi Mariam,

We're just trying to find out for you :smile: Don't stress though, we're sure you'll hear back soon!
Let you know when we hear back!

Best wishes :smile:

Got the offer a few days ago!:biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Mariam35
Got the offer a few days ago!:biggrin::biggrin:

Excellent - we thought you had and were concerned something had gone wrong! :smile: Congratulations!!
When 2015 exam timetable will be released?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by muzika
When 2015 exam timetable will be released?

Posted from TSR Mobile

On my Surrey learn it says no later than the 19th December, I'm really hoping it's before then however :/ that's obviously just for January.
Hi :smile::smile::smile: I wanted to know when Surrey starts sending offers for sociology. I sent my application a few weeks ago.

Also, where can I get more information about the status of my application?

Many thanks :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:
I received an offer to study Biomedical and I was sent an email saying I have been invited to an applicant day but when I logged on there was no information for me to see about the event or the dates that are available to choose from.
Original post by Shherden
I received an offer to study Biomedical and I was sent an email saying I have been invited to an applicant day but when I logged on there was no information for me to see about the event or the dates that are available to choose from.

Hi there,
I'm really sorry you're experiencing an issue - if you drop [email protected] an email (with your UCAS number, full name etc) they'll be able to advise and sort this out for you :smile:
Original post by Jetmira18
Hi :smile::smile::smile: I wanted to know when Surrey starts sending offers for sociology. I sent my application a few weeks ago.

Also, where can I get more information about the status of my application?

Many thanks :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:

Hi there, Our admissions team will already be working through the applications sent in for Sociology, so you're likely to hear back soon. They aim to reply to applications as quickly as possible, however this is a very busy time of year for them.

In terms of application status updates, keep an eye on the portal - it'll update you to any changes :smile:
Is there is any lectures during the exam period? If my last exam is on 20th does it mean that I get a week off till exam period is over?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by muzika
Is there is any lectures during the exam period? If my last exam is on 20th does it mean that I get a week off till exam period is over?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile: No there shouldn't be any lecturers during exam period - semester two starts on 9 February 2015 so you should have that time off. However, it could be worth double checking with your personal tutor in case it is different for your course.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi everyone. Our official TSR profile is now active and we’re here to answer all your questions about Surrey, whether you’re thinking of applying, going through the application process or already studying here. Ask us about anything - from course details to Surrey’s nightlife - and we’ll find the best person to help you!

Please feel free to post your questions in this thread, or if you prefer you can send us a private message. We’ll aim to get back to you ASAP but please allow a few days for a response.

How strict is the University of Surrey for Electric and electronic engineering when taking in students?
Their entry requirements are of AAA and i have an AAB.... I read they mostly base their applications on grades...
I just wanted to know if anyone had the case where they were under their requirements but managed to get taken
Thank you
Original post by SilviaRG
How strict is the University of Surrey for Electric and electronic engineering when taking in students?
Their entry requirements are of AAA and i have an AAB.... I read they mostly base their applications on grades...
I just wanted to know if anyone had the case where they were under their requirements but managed to get taken
Thank you

Hi there,
I've just had a quick chat with our Admissions team over in Engineering and they've actually said they'd be happy to chat with you and give you more information. If you drop Martyn Jones an email at [email protected], he'll have a chat through with you & is more than happy to help. :smile:
Many thanks,
Jade
Hi there,
I've just had a quick chat with our Admissions team over in Engineering and they've actually said they'd be happy to chat with you and give you more information. If you drop Martyn Jones an email at [email protected], he'll have a chat through with you & is more than happy to help. :smile:
Many thanks,
Jade

Hell again, I was just wondering how long do they take to answer because I sent an email to that email address three days ago and received no response.
Thank you , Silvia

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest