The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Official University of Surrey Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi,
I was wondering if you've finished giving out interviews for VetMed? I've emailed admissions but haven't received a reply.
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by Liberty.
Hi,
I was wondering if you've finished giving out interviews for VetMed? I've emailed admissions but haven't received a reply.
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Liberty,

Please could you send us a private message with your full name and email address and we'll look into this for you.

Thanks
Reply 62
Hi
in my ucas i have an option of a "extra" and am considering using it for a course at university of surrey. i have initially been rejected for a course at surrey but if i reapply again would i still be rejected? and what if i applied for a similar but different course such as business retail management course. my final A level grades are ABC so would you still not offer me a place with those grades at a "extra" course? Just wanted to know whether it is possible as i am desperate to come to this university and wanted to make sure before i use up my extra offer.

thanks
Reply 63
Hey, I have applied and received an offer for a BEng in Mechanical Engineering, is there a possibility that I can change this to Computer science? They are both the same grade requirements.
Thanks.
Reply 64
Hi, can anybody tell me where can I get any information about surrey visit days? I'm currently having a conditional offer in aerospace engineering. Thanks!
Original post by kalam23
Hi
in my ucas i have an option of a "extra" and am considering using it for a course at university of surrey. i have initially been rejected for a course at surrey but if i reapply again would i still be rejected? and what if i applied for a similar but different course such as business retail management course. my final A level grades are ABC so would you still not offer me a place with those grades at a "extra" course? Just wanted to know whether it is possible as i am desperate to come to this university and wanted to make sure before i use up my extra offer.

thanks

Hi kalam23,

I’d recommend that you have a look at our course pages and familiarise yourself with the entry requirements for each course you are considering. You can find all of our 2014 entry course pages here: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/2014

Once you’ve had a look through it would be a good idea to give our Admissions Team a call on +44 (0)1483 682222 to have a chat about your options.

I hope this helps!
Original post by Will177
Hey, I have applied and received an offer for a BEng in Mechanical Engineering, is there a possibility that I can change this to Computer science? They are both the same grade requirements.
Thanks.

Hi Will177,

Please can you give our Admissions Team a call to discuss - you can get them on +44 (0)1483 682222.

Thanks
Original post by kevinago
Hi, can anybody tell me where can I get any information about surrey visit days? I'm currently having a conditional offer in aerospace engineering. Thanks!

Hi kevinago,

Please get in touch with the Admissions Team to find out about Applicant Days - either give them a call on 01483 689470 or email [email protected]

Congratulations on your offer!
Original post by ayu0590
hi, i ve been made an unconditional offer for the course Msc retail Management in surrey university. somehow i feel this course is not so famous so i was wondering what is the student capacity of this course every year.?? also i was looking at cranfield uni"s retail course as well. so could you compare the 2 courses for me,
thank u:smile:

Hi ayu0590,

Congratulations on your offer! Our courses offered at the Surrey Business School are academically rigorous and practically relevant, and our high standards at Surrey Business School are reflected in the findings of the last Research Assessment Exercise, our multiple accreditations (including those from the AMBA and the AACSB) and our close links with national and international businesses of all sizes and across all sectors. We are also proud to say that the University of Surrey is ranked 8th in the Guardian newspaper’s league table.

You can find out more about the Surrey Business School here http://www.surrey.ac.uk/sbs/index.htm and if you have any more questions please let us know.

You might also be interested in attending our Postgraduate Virtual Open Day on 30th April keep your eye on this site and more specific details will be released soon.

Could you also confirm the specific course that you have applied for so that we can give you an idea on student numbers do you mean MSc International Retail Marketing? http://www.surrey.ac.uk/postgraduate/international-retail-marketing

Many thanks :smile:
Reply 69
is the guarantee to provide university accommodation for all 1st years only if you 'firm' Surrey or does it apply to insurance/clearing students as well?
Original post by velmark
is the guarantee to provide university accommodation for all 1st years only if you 'firm' Surrey or does it apply to insurance/clearing students as well?

Hi velmark,

All first year undergraduate students who are new to the University of Surrey are guaranteed a place in accommodation, provided that they have accepted a formal offer of a place on a course, and a valid application for accommodation is made by 1 September 2014.

So as long as you have accepted a formal offer from us, whether that is as your firm choice prior to results day, or after results day either through clearing or insurance AND you apply for accommodation before 1st September then you are guaranteed a place in accommodation. The deadline of 1st September will leave plenty of time for clearing and insurance students to apply for accommodation.

I hope this helps!
Reply 71
Hi, im coming to surrey uni this year but im a little bit scared, im going to do computer science, i took a gap year but i feel little bit scared of the course on how hard it is, i did a btec extended in IT in college and i was asking if there are students there that have excelled in the course when they had a btec if they really put in the hard work. I wanted to know if i really work and study hard if i can excell, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do I apply for the full surrey award bursary? I can't find a link on the website

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by girlygiggler
How do I apply for the full surrey award bursary? I can't find a link on the website

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi girlygiggler,

There isn’t a specific application for the Full Surrey Award you just need to apply to Student Finance England for means-tested student support and give consent for household income data to be shared with us. We will receive information about your family’s income and will automatically assess your eligibility for one of our awards each year without you needing to do anything further, provided that you continue to receive student support in subsequent academic years.

You’ll see that for the other scholarships you do have to apply, so if you were interested in any of the others have a look here for all of the details: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/discover/undergraduate-tuition-fees-bursaries-scholarships-2014

If you have any more questions you can get in touch with the Fees and Funding team at [email protected].

I Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Bashirsk
Hi, im coming to surrey uni this year but im a little bit scared, im going to do computer science, i took a gap year but i feel little bit scared of the course on how hard it is, i did a btec extended in IT in college and i was asking if there are students there that have excelled in the course when they had a btec if they really put in the hard work. I wanted to know if i really work and study hard if i can excell, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Bashirsk,

Thanks for getting in touch. I have passed on your enquiry to the relevant department and will get back to you ASAP :smile:
Thank you very much :smile:
Hello!

I would like to know the toefl equivalences of IELTS scores for MA programmes. Where can i find them?
Original post by Bashirsk

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Bashirsk,

Please send an email to Stef who works in the Admissions Team for Computing, and he will be able to give you plenty of details and answer any questions that you have. His email address is [email protected]

Original post by Bionic_Fighter
Hello!

I would like to know the toefl equivalences of IELTS scores for MA programmes. Where can i find them?

Hi Bionic_Fighter,

Due to a recent announcement UK Universities are currently unable to accept TOEFL scores I’m afraid. You can find more information here: http://www.ets.org/toefl/important_update/update_toefl_uk

We recommend that you take the IELTS test instead, all the requirements for which you will find on our MA course pages here: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/postgraduate
Original post by University of Surrey
Hi Bionic_Fighter,

Due to a recent announcement UK Universities are currently unable to accept TOEFL scores I’m afraid. You can find more information here: http://www.ets.org/toefl/important_update/update_toefl_uk

We recommend that you take the IELTS test instead, all the requirements for which you will find on our MA course pages here: http://www.surrey.ac.uk/postgraduate

Thanks for that. Damn i've already bought the TOEFL book but thank god i didn't pay for the test. :frown:

General question: do we have more chances if we apply now for MA programs (rather than in June) or it doesn't matter?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest