The Student Room Group

Nursing applicant and single parent

Currently in the application process for child nursing and already had one offer!!

My main area of consern is finding a suitable childminder for when im on long or overnight placement shifts as i wont have family or friends to help. How has anyone else coped with this issue. I do intend to commute for the first couple of months as I do not want to move my daughter and just put her with any old childminder/babysitter/school, i will need to take time to get used to the area and people before I move us both there but where do i begin to look and get support.
Reply 1
Original post by Sbarron
Currently in the application process for child nursing and already had one offer!!

My main area of consern is finding a suitable childminder for when im on long or overnight placement shifts as i wont have family or friends to help. How has anyone else coped with this issue. I do intend to commute for the first couple of months as I do not want to move my daughter and just put her with any old childminder/babysitter/school, i will need to take time to get used to the area and people before I move us both there but where do i begin to look and get support.

As a parent you won't have to work all those crazy hours as a nurse because the NHS makes 'reasonable adjustments' for parents. (part of the NHS constitution)
Reply 2
Original post by El Scotto
As a parent you won't have to work all those crazy hours as a nurse because the NHS makes 'reasonable adjustments' for parents. (part of the NHS constitution)

thankyou but i'm talking about placements whilst at uni... not sure they will be as flexible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending