The Student Room Group

Applying to Oral Health Science Scotland 2014

Is anyone applying to Scottish Universities for Oral Health Science 2014 entry?

I'm applying to Dundee, Glasgow Cal, Edinburgh and UHI. I've just sent my UCAS so was wondering if anyone has dates for interviews yet and have any idea of what to expect at interviews?

Scroll to see replies

I've applied to Edinburgh and Glasgow Cal too.I sent my UCAS application last week and haven't heard back from anyone yet regarding interviews etc. I suspect it will take them atleast a few weeks to look over all of the applications they receive.I hope i'm atleast offered some interviews.
Reply 2
I've applied to Edinburgh, Dundee and Glasgow Cal, so far I've got an interview at Dundee and one for Glasgow Cal too, both in February. Hopefully they wont take too long to reply to yous!
i thought the deadline for oral health sciences applications was october 2013?
Reply 3
Dentistry is October but oral health science comes under dentistry but is not strictly dentistry! That is what I was told by my careers advisor at college who deals with ucas applications.. He did contact at least one of the universities I was applying for to ask, so I assumed they would all be the same!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
aw okay, i was told to send mine in october.. was probably being cautious :smile:
Reply 5
I did think that too bit that's what I was told and I've received acknowledgement a of applications.. No one has said I'm too late! So should be fine! You are clearly more organised than I am! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Thats good then, hopefully they get back to you quickly about interviews :smile: x
Reply 7
I have an interview for the 29th for University of Highlands and Islands, nervous! Not heard anything back from others yet though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I've got interviews for Glasgow Cal and Edinburgh so far! They're in February
Does anyone have any idea about what sort of format to expect at the MMI stations and how I could prepare for these?
Reply 9
I received an unsuccessful from Dundee, on ucas it only said 'your application was strongly considered, but stronger applicants applied'. I've emailed admissions though so hopefully get some proper feedback. Really disappointed though!

Still nothing from Edinburgh or Glasgow though so hoping to at least get an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I received an unsuccessful from Edinburgh but have an interview at Glasgow.I don't have a clue what to expect at the interview :/.Does anyone have any idea?
Reply 11
I had my Inverness interview yesterday, but I think it was much less formal than I imagine the others would be? It was a quick IT test where you had to write a 500 word essay on 'why I should be chosen to study oral health science' and the interview was just with 3 panel members and they asked me a series of questions off a sheet that they had.. Just the stuff you would expect like.. Why do you want to do the course? What experience do you have? What roles have you had that showed leadership? What hobbies do you have that might benefit you as a therapist?

When did you hear from Glasgow and Edinburgh? I still haven't heard from either yet which is making me a little worried!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I've just had a letter for an interview for Glasgow aswell :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
I got an unsuccessful from Edinburgh but got interviews for Glasgow, Inverness and Dundee. So nervous for them! I went to Glasgow uni for a dentistry interview last year and it was the MMI's, the role play one's were quite challenging because they seemed to really push you but it was a good experience :smile:
Does anyone know if Glasgow Caledonian require you to complete MMI's and role playing during the interview?
Reply 15
Hi I've got interviews for UHI, Dundee, Glasgow Cale and Edinburgh coming up in the next few weeks!
I'm just wanting to know if anyone's had their interviews for Dundee or Edinburgh because they seem like they're going to be more challenging.
Good luck everyone.
Reply 16
I got interviews for Glasgow Caley, Edinburgh, UHI and Dundee! So buzzing considering I only got one for UHI last year and still didn't get in there..
I have my interview for UHI on tuesday.. I'm pretty excited for it actually! Last year I let the nerves get the better of me, but I am determined to not let it happen again this time round!

Good luck for your interviews everyone, and let us know how they go!
Reply 17
I have an interview for Glasgow next Monday, they told me it would only last half an hour and then there would be a tour. What is MMI?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by sk92
I have an interview for Glasgow next Monday, they told me it would only last half an hour and then there would be a tour. What is MMI?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya, Let us know how your interview goes at Cale :smile: Good luck x
Reply 19
Hey, I thought it was just half an hour and a tour afterwards as well- I hope so! Best of luck today!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest