The Student Room Group

Uni of Oxford results FAIL

Can't believe one of the best unis in the world messed up like this! Sending all the struggling students names and results to like the whole college!

Imagine if that was you! How paranoid would you be that everyone in your seminar knew you'd flunked an exam at the end of the term, like it wasn't bad enough.

http://www.graduate-jobs.com/news/12614/Oxford_leak_causes_embarrassment_among_students
Maybe it wasn't an accident.

:ninja:
Reply 2
Original post by Robbiegrayson
Can't believe one of the best unis in the world messed up like this! Sending all the struggling students names and results to like the whole college!

Imagine if that was you! How paranoid would you be that everyone in your seminar knew you'd flunked an exam at the end of the term, like it wasn't bad enough.

http://www.graduate-jobs.com/news/12614/Oxford_leak_causes_embarrassment_among_students

This is such banter, best admin error I've seen in a while.
Just imagining the f*** ups coming into the dining hall and everyone just sniggering at them.
I think its good for them, certainly motivates them for next time, and its good character building.
Reply 3
Original post by Robbiegrayson

Collections are sat at the beginning of each term, not at the end.
Wow some people got a 2.2 in a collection, who cares?

Collections don't matter, one of my tutors basically shows everyone's essay marks to the rest of the tutorial group and you basically know who on your course is struggling anyway.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail at least one of my collections this weekend and would tell people if I did. Yes they need to sort out their data protection because it could have been something more serious that got out.
Original post by pak1994
Collections are sat at the beginning of each term, not at the end.

Oh hi :tongue: speaking of collections how's your revision going?
Reply 6
Original post by x__justmyluck
Wow some people got a 2.2 in a collection, who cares?

Collections don't matter, one of my tutors basically shows everyone's essay marks to the rest of the tutorial group and you basically know who on your course is struggling anyway.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail at least one of my collections this weekend and would tell people if I did. Yes they need to sort out their data protection because it could have been something more serious that got out.

At the same time though, I wouldn't want everyone to know my mark so I can see why people would be upset.
It's an administration error though, and these things do happen because the admin staff are only human.

Oh hi :tongue: speaking of collections how's your revision going?

Not particularly well. I've got notes written, but don't actually know any of it... :s-smilie: When are your collections?
Original post by pak1994
At the same time though, I wouldn't want everyone to know my mark so I can see why people would be upset.
It's an administration error though, and these things do happen because the admin staff are only human.

Not particularly well. I've got notes written, but don't actually know any of it... :s-smilie: When are your collections?

Yeah I can understand why the individuals on the list are a bit annoyed but it's hardly a big news story, an admin at one college made a mistake. If it had happened at a different uni no one outside of that uni would care.

Same :frown: 2 on friday and 1 on saturday, you?
Reply 8
Yeah I can understand why the individuals on the list are a bit annoyed but it's hardly a big news story, an admin at one college made a mistake. If it had happened at a different uni no one outside of that uni would care.

Same :frown: 2 on friday and 1 on saturday, you?

Oh definitely. It's just a big story because it's Oxford, I doubt if it was any other university it would have been reported like this!
Just the 2 on Friday (we don't have stats collections but do have a whole revision pack to do for our tutor...).
Original post by pak1994
Oh definitely. It's just a big story because it's Oxford, I doubt if it was any other university it would have been reported like this!
Just the 2 on Friday (we don't have stats collections but do have a whole revision pack to do for our tutor...).

I have stats and psychology on friday, have not revised for stats really because it's less facts to remember so easier to wing it than the others and then cramming on friday night for neuro on saturday morning so not too bad xx
Reply 10
Happened at my college. Nobody here sees what the fuss is about.. Any students that have come forward to say anything have come forward to say they don't care
Reply 11
I have stats and psychology on friday, have not revised for stats really because it's less facts to remember so easier to wing it than the others and then cramming on friday night for neuro on saturday morning so not too bad xx

We were told that we would have one on Friday and one on Saturday so my plan was to cram on Friday night, but then we got the timetable...
We'll survive this! :hugs:

Original post by Jooooshy
Happened at my college. Nobody here sees what the fuss is about.. Any students that have come forward to say anything have come forward to say they don't care

Although I know they don't count, I guess I'm just the type of person that doesn't like other people knowing if I've done badly.
Original post by pak1994
We were told that we would have one on Friday and one on Saturday so my plan was to cram on Friday night, but then we got the timetable...
We'll survive this! :hugs:

Although I know they don't count, I guess I'm just the type of person that doesn't like other people knowing if I've done badly.

Just enjoy sunday, our last day free of work :smile:.
Reply 13
Just enjoy sunday, our last day free of work :smile:.

And Saturday too (for me). However I do have an essay to write for Tuesday and stats work for Thursday already... plus an essay for the new work for Friday... great! (although our plan is to watch Despicable me 2, go to the pub, and we have a bop on Saturday too! :biggrin: ).
Original post by pak1994
And Saturday too (for me). However I do have an essay to write for Tuesday and stats work for Thursday already... plus an essay for the new work for Friday... great! (although our plan is to watch Despicable me 2, go to the pub, and we have a bop on Saturday too! :biggrin: ).

Remind me why this time last year we were so happy we'd got in? :wink: haha. Your saturday plan is good though, I think we're going on a pub crawl on saturday night and then Jsper and I will have a pyjama day on sunday :smile:.
Reply 15
Remind me why this time last year we were so happy we'd got in? :wink: haha. Your saturday plan is good though, I think we're going on a pub crawl on saturday night and then Jsper and I will have a pyjama day on sunday :smile:.

No clue! :confused: :tongue:
Sounds great, and your pyjama day is probably the best idea I've heard!
Reply 16
Get a room, nerds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending