The Student Room Group

I can't get into uni

Unfortunately I'm unable to get into any uni due to not having a maths GCSE I've retaken it 3 times now and each time only been a few marks off of a required C grade. Not really sure what to do, as I am desperate to study nursing at uni
Reply 1
Really a C is not that hard to achieve in fact very easy. May I ask how you are revising for your maths exams and what resources you are using because I can suggest good revision books and CDs and you might just get a B or even higher (that is if your not doing foundation but the revision will still be good to get you a high C)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't give up, maybe your revision methods isn't working for you. Is helpful to look at revision videos that tell you how to solve the topics you are struggling with.
Do a keyskills in maths... I believe a level 3 is equivalent to a C in GCSE.
I had to retake it 3 times. Just keep trying that's all you can do, you need that C. Get yourself a good tutor
Reply 5
This is not entirely true.. I am wick at maths and only achieved a level 2 application if number in essential skills. And I've applied to Uni, I've got three interviews and one rejection from queens because they require a b. don't give up. Try and take a course at your college. I hope to get my maths gcse one day but for now I see unis do accept essential skills.. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest