The Student Room Group

I've lost 7 pounds in two weeks eating Soup, Cod, Chicken Fillets & Many Oranges

I've had the odd beer now and then, and egg once or twice, but that's about it.

Should I be losing more weight as i'm literally on a very low calorie diet? I've eaten quite a lot today I've had.

1 x Cod
1 x Soup/Tuna/Corn added
1 x 3/4 Natural Yoghurt
2 x Bannas
2 x Chicken fillets.

I'm trying to get below 11 stone at the moment. But it's like hovering there. Have I actually lost FAT or just WATER WEGIHT?
Reply 1
mass calorie deficit will build fat stores.
Reply 2
Original post by KingGym

Then how comes I've lost weight so fast.

I've only done four days excercise lasting around 1-2 hours. Sometimes just a lazy kickabout with another mate.

If you look at I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, they come out after 2-3 weeks skinny as they haven't eaten which is how it generally works out.
Reply 3
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Then how comes I've lost weight so fast.

I've only done four days excercise lasting around 1-2 hours. Sometimes just a lazy kickabout with another mate.

If you look at I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, they come out after 2-3 weeks skinny as they haven't eaten which is how it generally works out.

Not sure if serious
Original post by KingGym
Not sure if serious

I hope they're not. Because I know nothing, just general rules. To know less than me would be incredible.
I can lose 7 pounds in 2 days by just manipulating water/food intake. You've probably lost about 1/2 pounds fat max.
You will have lost water, fat and muscle. And as soon as you start to eat normally again, you will gain quite a bit, if not all of it, back.
Original post by KingGym

Stop trolling m

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
problem is your not getting enough carbs = no slow release of energy for life :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by r_u_jelly
problem is your not getting enough carbs = no slow release of energy for life :smile:

I've not lost weight in almost 5 days now. I'm still at 11 stone. Why?
Reply 10
Sounds like water weight to me.

Are you actually counting calories or just guessing? What's you BMR? What height are you?

Not enough info to really know where you are at in terms of weight loss
Forget about your metabolism dropping and going into starvation mode - that's bioscience.

However, please note that you can do those diets for very short terms only. Trust me. Also, some of that weight loss will be from your glycogen stores. Probably half of it.

if you diet like that for longer than 2-4 weeks, your hormones will get screwed up and you will more than likely start binging. I tried to keep a 1000 calorie deficit for more than 4 weeks and kept trying until I always wanted to eat everything in sight.

If you want to see continued progress in your physique, I would start strength training 3x a week, doing some cardio and up your calories a bit otherwise you'll just get 'skinny-fat'. You can't expect to lose 3lbs a week - it is unsustainable and you'll be losing muscle quickly!

Hope that helps! Keep it up.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Pls keep stupid fad diets like this off of this board.

Also you lost mainly water weight.

Quick Reply

Latest