The Student Room Group

RAF OASC Branch Choices- Intelligence Officer

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
How did all of you get on? Really want to be an Intelligence Officer after uni and I'm struggling to find information about it.
Reply 21
Hi,

Wanted to find out if anyone knows the scores required for entry in Human Resources.
Original post by Settade
Hi,

Wanted to find out if anyone knows the scores required for entry in Human Resources.

There are no aptitude tests at Cranwell for Personnel Officer.

Edit: I've just seen that the Careers team have renamed pers admin to HR, in which case if you are not going for Officer you won't attend OASC at all.

There is the basic aptitude test at the AFCO.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 23
Hi there any one know what the eye sight requirment is for Int officer
Original post by coldfeet
Hi there any one know what the eye sight requirment is for Int officer

Not blind.

No special requirement.
Evening all,

Any particular hearing requirements? Not deaf and can hear fine without an aid etc (never had one) but had grommets when I was much younger and occasionally don't hear as well as others. Not terribly just not amazing. That's my only worry around joining.

Also time scales, I'm deep into A2 at the minute and was wondering if I apply in January around what time I would have aptitude tests, medical, fitness tests etc? Obviously the potential impact on school is a worry. Also, there isn't a grade requirement other than 2 a levels A*-C on the careers site but would BCD predictions be enough? I am set to far exceed that this year but theres no way of knowing that...

Cheers
Original post by orvillethesheep
Evening all,

Any particular hearing requirements? Not deaf and can hear fine without an aid etc (never had one) but had grommets when I was much younger and occasionally don't hear as well as others. Not terribly just not amazing. That's my only worry around joining.

Also time scales, I'm deep into A2 at the minute and was wondering if I apply in January around what time I would have aptitude tests, medical, fitness tests etc? Obviously the potential impact on school is a worry. Also, there isn't a grade requirement other than 2 a levels A*-C on the careers site but would BCD predictions be enough? I am set to far exceed that this year but theres no way of knowing that...

Cheers

There should be a hearing test at some point (or at least, there was...) but you shouldn't have many problems.

You'll have to find out how far down the application you can go without actually 'having' the basic requirements (A levels) and take the steer from there.

With 'just' A levels you, of course, stand a chance of getting in, but you need to give the RAF a compelling reason to employ you. You don't need to tell us what it is, but you need to think about why they should employ.
I heard that you can apply on the strength of official predicted grades. I'll give the careers line or my afco a ring and double check that one I think.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Quick Reply

Latest