The Student Room Group

What do you take to uni with you?

Just wondering how does everyone commute to uni? and how do you carry your books, laptop, etc? I brought a lovely small suitcase trolley for weekends away but now, I am thinking of using it to carry stuff around when I go uni this year. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Phone, ID card, paper, pen, bag.

Phone's case has my oyster and debit cards so I never need to worry about those. Bag has a couple of things I can use as weapons as well as my purse which I never touch and that has about £40-60 in cash. :borat: I'll also probably be carrying flip flops in the summer because I tend to have an obsession with 4-6" heels around then. :ninja:
Reply 2
A suitcase??? What you planning on taking? I take a notebook, pen, purse, phone and a bottle of water.. A ruck sack at most is what you'll need, I use a handbag. Plus if you're taking a laptop, just get a laptop bag?

Edit: I get a train then walk. Also, hardly anyone takes books unless they particularly need it - eg for a tutorial or something. Well, from my experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Vixen47
Phone, ID card, paper, pen, bag.

Phone's case has my oyster and debit cards so I never need to worry about those. Bag has a couple of things I can use as weapons as well as my purse which I never touch and that has about £40-60 in cash. :borat: I'll also probably be carrying flip flops in the summer because I tend to have an obsession with 4-6" heels around then. :ninja:

ewwww nobody wants to see your toes, keep your flip flops at home please.
Original post by christopher23
ewwww nobody wants to see your toes, keep your flip flops at home please.

My toes are awesome. :pierre: I made them pretty. My toe nails are currently painted navy blue, pink and white. From the reactions I've had in the past, the public like pretty toes. :eviltongue:
Reply 5
I do all my uni work from bed so I don't really need to go anywhere or bring anything with me as all my shizz is in the drawer next to me :tongue:
I get 3 buses. I take my A5 filofax which holds some cash, my cards, two pens and the usual diary, notebook sections (literally the best purchase you can make for uni) and my kindle. In a small bag.
When I start up again, I'll be living much closer to the uni, so I'll be taking these in a bag that is about 17in (I only know that because it just fits my 17in laptop in it):
Water
Wallet
Keys
Phone
Notepad
Book
Pencil case
Food (depends on what day it is)
Textbook (again, depends on the day).

I'm hoping I can keep my gym bag at the gym. I'm not worried about it being stolen, I'm pretty sure there are ladies who keep theirs in the change room while they're off studying so they don't have to lug it around all day, I'll just have to ask the staff there.
A good pillow, for lectures.
when i went i had to make two trips because i couldnt carry everything and it was an hour long train i was underquipt when i got there though
phone, ipod, tablet, calculator, paper, pens/highlighters a of couple files depending on the module, with some we're meant to annotate notes we print off throughout the lecture. I walk to uni with a rucksack
Phone, purse, notebook and pen. Occasionally my laptop.
Original post by Vixen47

My toes are awesome. :pierre: I made them pretty. My toe nails are currently painted navy blue, pink and white. From the reactions I've had in the past, the public like pretty toes. :eviltongue:

Excuse me while i throw up
Reply 13
Notepad and pen tbh. I had one those strap bags I bought from River Island, lasted me a good 3 years.

Quick Reply

Latest