The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Marmotta
You're getting an alledged six-yard box man who scored 70 goals in 100 Dutch league matches. We're getting a much more adaptable player who scored 22 in 88 in Serie A.

'Alledged' So you havent even seen him play and yet are making judgements on his ability? Martins is a very quick player but he wont fix your goal scoring problems as his goal scoring record proves. You cant argue with 70 goals in 100 dutch league games no matter how 'poor' it is.
Marmotta
Roeder had all the time in the world to put in a winning bid for Kuyt, but didn't.

:rolleyes: And he would of been wasting his time. Kuyt always wanted to go to Liverpool- much like Owen actually :wink:
Reply 181
calderstonesLFC
'Alledged' So you havent even seen him play and yet are making judgements on his ability?

Nah, I've seen him play - I usually just don't like the generalise with terms like that

Kuyt always wanted to go to Liverpool- much like Owen actually :wink:

Yeah - and we got Owen, so what's your point?
A thread dedicated to the unwashed, mods end it.
Marmotta
Nah, I've seen him play - I usually just don't like the generalise with terms like that

Well then you will know its not a generalisation, that is his role.
Marmotta

Yeah - and we got Owen, so what's your point?

You seem to think that just by Roeder increasing his offer you would automatically get Kuyt. You only got Owen because we wouldnt pay extortinary prices
You do realise that Kuijt had long after Liverpool made the first few bids said that Newcastle would be his dream club that he wanted to play at a stadium where the fans were the best? It was only after he signed that he said that liverpool was his dream club. If you dont believe me check the history of the BBC news bulletins, you'll see that Kuijt would much rather have come to Newcastle. And as for Owen...this really is getting boring, all you lot say he wanted to come so badly...so why didnt he? The decision in the end, is up to him? Why didnt you sign hem eh? You'r all just bitter and know zilch about football, hence being on a board that supports Newcastle United. If you want to slag down a team open up a new thread please, we have no need for nupties on this board.
That includes the Makkem.
Reply 185
the game tonight was ****e.. we basically played a 4-6-0. terrible!
Reply 186
miki_da_magpie
You do realise that Kuijt had long after Liverpool made the first few bids said that Newcastle would be his dream club that he wanted to play at a stadium where the fans were the best? It was only after he signed that he said that liverpool was his dream club. If you dont believe me check the history of the BBC news bulletins, you'll see that Kuijt would much rather have come to Newcastle. And as for Owen...this really is getting boring, all you lot say he wanted to come so badly...so why didnt he? The decision in the end, is up to him? Why didnt you sign hem eh? You'r all just bitter and know zilch about football, hence being on a board that supports Newcastle United. If you want to slag down a team open up a new thread please, we have no need for nupties on this board.
That includes the Makkem.

I dont want to get dragged into this petty exchange of handbags but the "quotes" from Kuyt about Shearer and newcastle etc. were MADE UP. They were fabricated by geordie fans on an internet message board. It goes to show what kind of filth the Daily Star etc. are when they lift these quotes and try to pass them off as genuine.

Load of geordies were having a good laugh about this last week and before that. Complete fabrication and goes to show you can't always believe what you read in newspapers, particularly tabloid rags.
miki_da_magpie
You do realise that Kuijt had long after Liverpool made the first few bids said that Newcastle would be his dream club that he wanted to play at a stadium where the fans were the best? It was only after he signed that he said that liverpool was his dream club. If you dont believe me check the history of the BBC news bulletins, you'll see that Kuijt would much rather have come to Newcastle.

I am pretty sure he stated his desire to join Liverpool from the minute we declared interest. All these 'quotes' were he declared his love of the topless geordie fans were fabricated by such fabulous tabloids such as the star.
[QUOTE="miki_da_magpie"]And as for Owen...this really is getting boring, all you lot say he wanted to come so badly...so why didnt he? The decision in the end, is up to him? Why didnt you sign hem eh? You'r all just bitter and know zilch about football

:rolleyes: Owen didnt come to us because we refused to be mugged off by R.Madrid for a second year running. Dont let yourself be fooled, if we had of stumped up the £16m quoted instead of sticking firmly at £12m he would be a Liverpool player.
So you see, the decision wasnt up to him at all. He either joined Newcastle and got his bid to play in the WC (which lets be honest is what it boiled down to) or he could spend another year on the bench and possibly miss out on the WC.
Dude, get a grip, it was on the BBC! 23rd of may, you can see it on google search under wikipedia...they no longer have the full story online, but you can see part of the quote there, it wasnt made up, if you think that, then your quite silly to put it mildly.

Back to the game...that was probably the most exciting and nerve wrecking 0-0 I've ever seen. It goes to show how badly we needed a striker, i thot that milner and duff and parker looked amazing btw!
Reply 189
miki_da_magpie
Dude, get a grip, it was on the BBC! 23rd of may, you can see it on google search under wikipedia...they no longer have the full story online, but you can see part of the quote there, it wasnt made up, if you think that, then your quite silly to put it mildly.

The BBC only rehash quotes from newspapers. Newspapers like the Daily Star and crap websites like teamtalk etc. just copy quotes from wherever they can find them. If I could be arsed I'd find you a link to the newcastle website that had members that made up the quotes.

If you dont want to believe it then thats upto you
:boring: you're just another wum
Your just another delusional Geordie who thinks NUFC are a big team irrelevant of the fact that you havent won a trophies in donkeys years which is hidden from the fans by buying a trophy player and parading him infront of 20,000 fans with no top on.
I suppose you think you 'beat' us to damien duff aswell?
Reply 192
calderstonesLFC
Your just another delusional Geordie who thinks NUFC are a big team irrelevant of the fact that you havent won a trophies in donkeys years which is hidden from the fans by buying a trophy player and parading him infront of 20,000 fans with no top on.
I suppose you think you 'beat' us to damien duff aswell?

Is that what you think constitutes a 'big team' then? The fact that we have such a huge fan base and loyal support, despite the lack of trophies, indicates that we are in fact a big club. Silverware is important, yes, but it's not like we haven't come close and the fans are aware of the acheivements of Newcastle - 'buying a trophy player' does not hide anything from the fans.
Reply 193
Why do people come on this thread when it is a Society for Newcastle United fans to slag the team off?

Do it on a different thread for goodness sake not on a thread that is for the support of the team.

Vintage - we played well tonight despite the fact we can't finish and the score should have been about 7 - 0 - it was a good match compared to many others I have seen.
Reply 194
kpg
I dont want to get dragged into this petty exchange of handbags but the "quotes" from Kuyt about Shearer and newcastle etc. were MADE UP. They were fabricated by geordie fans on an internet message board. It goes to show what kind of filth the Daily Star etc. are when they lift these quotes and try to pass them off as genuine.

Load of geordies were having a good laugh about this last week and before that. Complete fabrication and goes to show you can't always believe what you read in newspapers, particularly tabloid rags.

you're just another wum

Yes, ok.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/boards/read/s70.php?f=71&i=565483&t=565483&sid=70

http://www.sportnetwork.net/boards/read/s70.php?f=71&i=566892&t=566830&sid=70#reply_566892

http://www.sportnetwork.net/boards/read/s70.php?f=71&i=566772&t=566772&sid=70

http://www.sportnetwork.net/boards/read/s70.php?f=71&i=566892&t=566830&sid=70#reply_566892

I'm not here to wind up anyone, i've got better things to do with my life but when there are false quotes attributed to a player and people actually believe them, there's something wrong.
Nice draw for Newcastle in the UEFA Cup, shouldn't have any problems at all getting through to the next round.
Guys get a grip. I am all for friendly banter and as you know my thoughts on winding folk up and becoming agressive in your views. Can it stop now? It spoils it for the fans of the team.
Reply 197
This thread has become a joke.

Lets get down to business, eh.

1. I heard someone say "Martins wont answer Newcastle's goalscoring problems" i am a season ticket holder, what "problems" are they, you dont know what you're talking about. Newcastle's attacking play is fantastic. Shola Ameobi has come on a million miles. We can score goals and have been under Roeder, infact he has trebled the amount of goals we averaged under Souness, and that was with Ameobi most of the time and Shearer of course who's legs had gone but was still a genius. Obafemi Martins is EXACTLY what Newcastle need, if anyone has actually been watching us then you will see that Shola needs a partner with pace, Martins has that. Where would Kuyt fit into Newcastle's team? I seriously doubt that he would go in well, we shouldnt be trying to replace Shearer like for like because no one can do it, so move on, and build a team, and that is what Roeder is doing, he's getting the players that would suit us best. From DAY ONE he said we needed a striker with pace, he was damn right, and we had been linked with many names but we've got the quickest guy of them all. Dont get me wrong, i think Kuyt is a smashing player, how he'll do in the Premiership, who knows, good luck to the lad, Liverpool needed him more than us, he's not what we need and would be a bigger risk for us than Martins whereas there is no/very little risk involved in Liverpool signing him.

2. You lot are like a bunch of old lady's. Whats this **** whether Kuyt said he wanted to be the next Shearer or not. Kuyt has touted himself around for the past 2 years making ridiculous comments about many clubs, Newcastle, Spurs, Inter Milan you name it, Kuyt has said he'd love to play for them, be this, be that, so even if Kuyt did or didnt say the Shearer comments who gives a toss, he has been doing this for ages, he did say Newcastle would be a dream move, then he said he'd love to play for Liverpool, the day after that he said he prefers Inter Milan. So work it out, the guy is a total wazzock and unless you're an idiot all of you shouldnt be listening to anything he says, anything from wanting to play for someone to always wanting to join this club etc, because for over a year he has mouthed ****e, some people should stop panting like a dog at what he says. I dont care who anyone supports, thank God Dick Kite has finally gone somewhere because his rabbiting on in the dutch press was beyond a joke, the guy acts as his own agent, Feyenord will be glad to see the back of him, but not in footballing terms.

3. So some Liverpool fans decide to have a pop at Newcastle's "club" size. How very school boy and childish of you. Grow up for cryin gout loud. Its that typical playground taunt, na na na my club is bigger than yours you're a nobody. Total ********s whoever do that, there are people in football who support clubs who havent won things, people who support clubs who are right down the lower league's, how about have some respect for these people especially considering you were born into a team who doesnt fall out the top 7 so you've hardly shown your true loyalty or been through anything romotely difficult or hard to take as a fan. Its this kind of attitude which certain Manchester United supporters had which gave them the title "scum" this disrespect to everyone else.

Whether Newcastle United are a big club or not is entirely debatable. They have the potential of one of the greatest in the game, no doubt about that, one of the biggest fanbases, a big pulling power, and Newcastle have actually been seen as a big club for years before the 80's, since football began til the days we slumped into the next division down and turned poor. We are about 7th most successful club trophy wise in england, which for not winning anything major domestically in 51 years is pretty impressive. The disappointing thing is that Newcastle have lost more F.A Cup finals than anyone else. Level with Everton and Arsenal.

But the size of a football club is not about just trophys. Its about the present, and the extra recent history. As an ex Everton player once said, to judge a clubs size you have to base it on the young foreign impression of your team, foreigners do now want to come over and join Everton despite being successful in the 80's, they dont give a toss about that, it's about now, they want to do well now, play infront of the big crowds with the big players. Newcastle offer big crowds, as a result of that financially we can get some big players. Nolberto Solano has his own postage stamp in Peru. Emre is bigger in Turkey than David Beckham is here, Michael Owen is a well known world superstar. Which leads me to my final point...

4. To the guy who said Newcastle treat there new players like trophys because we've won nothing in ages. Well if you actually knew anything about our history you'd know our players have always been treat the same, even when we won things. Sir Matt Busby once said "You could put 11 black and white shirts on the St James' Park pitch and thousands of Geordies would come out to cheer" The fans have not changed, the local passion left a little bit in the late 70's/80's but Kevin Keegan brought it back. The same man my username is named after, King Kev.

God Bless.

Rant Over.

Now shut up and go back to your Liverpool thread so we can talk in here like Gentleman about the current Newcastle United.

------------------------------------------------------------

Which is where i'll come to now. Good draw in the UEFA Cup today, glad to be top seeds, the highest seeded team in the competition. Most important thing about this tie is that the home leg is 2nd, thats important in europe.

Still hope Roeder can pull a couple more signings off by the end of the window. If Cole goes to Chelsea hopefully we can snatch Bridge like the local press have been saying for months. Still need a centre back imo though, if not then a right back, i dont rate Carr anymore.
Reply 198
Cindy
Guys get a grip. I am all for friendly banter and as you know my thoughts on winding folk up and becoming agressive in your views. Can it stop now? It spoils it for the fans of the team.

If you care to have a look at my posts I dont think I've been trying to wind anyone up, just let it be known that the quotes attributed to Dirk Kuijt were false. Just here to state facts but apparently struck a nerve.
kpg
If you care to have a look at my posts I dont think I've been trying to wind anyone up, just let it be known that the quotes attributed to Dirk Kuijt were false. Just here to state facts but apparently struck a nerve.

I wasn't pointing a finger at any one particular poster. I just wish that if people didn't like something they wouldn't let it stew and report them. I can't read all posts made in Sports. The same happened in the Man Utd Soc and fall outs were had.

Funnily enough before team socs this rarely happened.

I like the idea that someone regardless of their allegiance to whoever they support can dip in and out of any soc. Makes for healthy banter and good atmosphere, ususally. :biggrin:

Latest