The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
KingKev
Roeder has flown out to Ireland to watch Kuyt tonight - he said that himself.

As for Collins John, watch this space, next couple of days press will latch on to it, £5m deal.

Fulham have denied a move for Collins John...

Im pissed off, 3 days till the first prem match.. and no strikers... So glad i didn't renew my season ticket... There taking the piss.
Reply 141
True, I want a gawdem striker - so what if Martins lies about his age - just get him!

Also we need a defender as well - I prefer a speedy fullback
Reply 142
It's looking like we won't get Martins or Kuyt:frown: But no bother, as long as Roeder buys Klaas Jan Huntelaar from Ajax:p: Seriously, I can't see why nobody's being going on about him (presumably just because he didn't go to the World Cup:rolleyes:) - he's 3 years younger than Kuyt, has scored 17 goals in 15 games in his first season at Ajax and scored a brace in his Holland debut, in a match that Roeder was supposedly watching:wink:
Reply 143
Marmotta
It's looking like we won't get Martins or Kuyt:frown: But no bother, as long as Roeder buys Klaas Jan Huntelaar from Ajax:p: Seriously, I can't see why nobody's being going on about him (presumably just because he didn't go to the World Cup:rolleyes:) - he's 3 years younger than Kuyt, has scored 17 goals in 15 games in his first season at Ajax and scored a brace in his Holland debut, in a match that Roeder was supposedly watching:wink:

kuyts away to liverpool now.
Reply 144
Marmotta

Yeah I like him too - but he might be more expensive than Kuyt :/

Should his name be shortened to just Jan Huntelaar - how will it fit on the strip :P
Reply 145
funny you should say that because the papers this morning says we're after Huntelaar
Reply 146
Huntelaar hasn't been at Ajax long though. Plus at least there he will (probably) get CL football.
Reply 147
You're not linked with Huntelaar, Roeder just started rambling on about him after being asked about Kuyt.
Reply 148
kpg
You're not linked with Huntelaar, Roeder just started rambling on about him after being asked about Kuyt.

Roeders after some Russian striker.. he tried to get to the international game.. but they wouldnt let him.. something to do with work permit..

So he went to the holland game instead.
Reply 149
Vintage
Roeders after some Russian striker.. he tried to get to the international game.. but they wouldnt let him.. something to do with work permit..

So he went to the holland game instead.

I'm sure :wink:
thats true!! tthey just reported that on russian tv, and on the zenith website!!!

his name:

Alexander Kerzhakov!

BTW guys..im a big newcastle fan. Ill be studying at Durham, so i really want to watch some games..how much are tickets?and season ticket?

thanks
Reply 151
well my season ticket cost £583. The cheapest i think is 390 or something around there which is up in the Gods.

Match day tickets cost between £28 and £52 depending on where you want to sit.
Reply 152
MasterBlaster
thats true!! tthey just reported that on russian tv, and on the zenith website!!!

his name:

Alexander Kerzhakov!

BTW guys..im a big newcastle fan. Ill be studying at Durham, so i really want to watch some games..how much are tickets?and season ticket?

thanks

go to the match on thursday.. v Ventsplits.. tickets are £15 on the door.

Good result today.. didnt play very well.. but we got the result thats the main thing!
Reply 153
Ah I hate football lol! I live on the same road as 6 NUFC Players - and my Dad has season tickets and always wants me to go, so I better practise my "Toon toon, black n white army" chant!
Reply 154
Phixx
Ah I hate football lol! I live on the same road as 6 NUFC Players - and my Dad has season tickets and always wants me to go, so I better practise my "Toon toon, black n white army" chant!

omg.. who do you live near.. how can you not like football.. you should be ashamed.

Martins In Talks At Newcastel. £10.9million.

Jean-Alain Boumsoung To Juventus. £2.5million
Vintage
omg.. who do you live near.. how can you not like football.. you should be ashamed.

Martins In Talks At Newcastel. £10.9million.

Jean-Alain Boumsoung To Juventus. £2.5million

NOOOOOOOOO PLEASE NOT MARTINS!! hes soooooooo **** seriously!!! hell take like 494949494 years to adapt!!! NO WAY NUFC SHOULD SIGN HIM!!!!!look for others! sheppard!!
Yea i think martins will be signed on monday, and then apparently gravesen sum time this week, and now that ashley cole isnt falling through with chelsea, Ive heard we've been linked with him insted of bridge...so who knows?
Reply 157
Well, Martins is probably going to be a hit or miss signing - and we've had so many strikers who haven't lived up to their billing that its about time we get one who comes good for us:wink: Besides, most sources are now talking about £8 million for him, which would be a bargain anyway.

As for the Bridge/Cole saga, after yesterday's match Mourinho was praising Bridge for his performance and saying that they didn't really need to get a left back. Of course this could mean anything - either Mourinho truely thinks so, which would mean we'd have no chance of getting Bridge and would place Cole and Arsenal in a bit of a predicament; or he just said that to speeden things up with Arsenal.

Either way, I can't see us getting Cole, as great as it would be to have a quality left back (Cole + N'Zogbia:eek: ). Despite the fact that he's stated that he'll never play for Arsenal again, they'll still be looking for at least £15 million for him. People have said we've got a half decent chance because his wife's a geordie, but surely Cheryl would spend a large chunk of her time in London anyway:confused: Of course, if the team get bought out by Belgravia, then Roeder could well have a few extra million in the kitty to play about with:wink:
Reply 158
Marmotta
Well, Martins is probably going to be a hit or miss signing - and we've had so many strikers who haven't lived up to their billing that its about time we get one who comes good for us:wink: Besides, most sources are now talking about £8 million for him, which would be a bargain anyway.

As for the Bridge/Cole saga, after yesterday's match Mourinho was praising Bridge for his performance and saying that they didn't really need to get a left back. Of course this could mean anything - either Mourinho truely thinks so, which would mean we'd have no chance of getting Bridge and would place Cole and Arsenal in a bit of a predicament; or he just said that to speeden things up with Arsenal.

Either way, I can't see us getting Cole, as great as it would be to have a quality left back (Cole + N'Zogbia:eek: ). Despite the fact that he's stated that he'll never play for Arsenal again, they'll still be looking for at least £15 million for him. People have said we've got a half decent chance because his wife's a geordie, but surely Cheryl would spend a large chunk of her time in London anyway:confused: Of course, if the team get bought out by Belgravia, then Roeder could well have a few extra million in the kitty to play about with:wink:

i think Cole is someone Sheppard would pay-out for though. But i'd think Man Utd etc would be interested aswell.. plus some of the big overseas clubs.
Vintage
i think Cole is someone Sheppard would pay-out for though. But i'd think Man Utd etc would be interested aswell.. plus some of the big overseas clubs.

Guys, I think NUFC should focus on OTHER types of players...Martins, of course he is quick, sharp and versatile...but..he scored 22 in 88 games.which is not convincing...he had some pretty bad games last season...he is similar to owen...so WHY HIM??????!!!!!!!
Not only am i a NUFC fan, but also CSKA MOSCOW. We have just gotten a youngster from Corinthians...JO...he scored 14 gaols in the first 16 Matches in the Russian League..and hes 18!!!!!!!!!!1 Tall, slim, fast and sharp! thats the kind of player i think NUFC need...or why not Daniel Carvalho??? has anyone seen him play in the uefa cup final last year?? HE IS AMAZING!!!!!!

Latest