The Student Room Group

Dropped out second semester final year, now teaching at same University

Dropped out after a disagreement over plagiarism. Was using Bootstrap as a front-end base for an application I was creating as a final year major project. I laughed hard. The guys teaching the module straight up accused me of plagiarism, they wrote a book 12 years ago and still teach based upon that. When it went to higher levels I was cleared but decided to leave anyway. Got myself a J-1 visa and moved to San Francisco for 18 months. Interned at a Silicon Valley giant. Learned Ruby, active git, good portfolio and left happy as Larry with some kick ass referees. Anyway, 3 weeks ago the course director called me and asked me if I could prepare a lesson plan for RoR and demo it to some second year students in March. Agreed and that's that. Never graduated but now teaching at the University I dropped out of. I guess, the moral of this story is that things happen for a reason and that a university degree is not everything. Do something that makes you happy, even if it seems like a horrible decision at the time.
(edited 10 years ago)
Welcome to TSR

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending