The Student Room Group

Do you say ****?

Starts with a hard c, rhymes with hunt.

I say it a fair bit, giving it both literal and figurative use. And of course it's often on the tip of my tongue (goodish joke). Some people don't, mind. Though oddly they'll use all the other swears.

The local prompt here is that my colleague Lisa employed it yesterday, with reference to our shared boss and therefore in context and judciously. And she falls into both the two groups I've observed as least likely to use it: is an American woman.

She's hella attractive anyway, this detailed elsewhere in my postings, and I think I only fancy her the more for it. Nice one.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Far, far more than I should :s-smilie: It's practically punctuation between me and my flatmate.
Reply 2
yeah sometimes but not as much as ****

I abuse the word **** so much
Reply 3
Which swear word exactly do you mean OP? I say ****, ****, ****, ****, and **** on a regular basis.
Reply 4
The swear filter really is making this thread pretty ****
Reply 5
Original post by mccrae01
The swear filter really is making this thread pretty ****

My post above was intentional :tongue: **** this all, the filter is such a bunch of ******* **** :rofl:
It's a chav word, I don't say it.
it's a word specially reserved
It seems to be common usage up North these days. Even heard parents address their children as "little *****" in the street.

I occasionally use, but generally only in the company of myself.
Reply 9
I say it occasionally but I definitely say the cuss word that rhymes with duck more :tongue:
It's my least favourite word by far, and my friends know I hate it. Some even apologise to me after using it.
Reply 11
Original post by Quantex
It seems to be common usage up North these days. Even heard chavs parents address their children as "little *****" in the street.

I occasionally use, but generally only in the company of myself.

Fixed :tongue:
I don't say it, my mum is one of those people who absolutely hates the C-word but will use ****ing up to 3 times per sentence :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Alpha brah
Fixed :tongue:

Well... I'm too politically correct to use class stereotypes, but you're right on the mark.
Reply 14
Original post by Quantex
Even heard parents address their children as "little *****" in the street.

Foul. :unimpressed:

I generally only use it when people are deserving of the term. I don't swear very much at all tbh, but the C word is especially one I verrrrrrry rarely use,.
Reply 15
I don't swear, so I'm going to say no.
Reply 16
With a welsh accent you have the advantage that the word 'fanny' sounds hilarious. More so when preceded with 'absolute' or 'massive'.
Reply 17
Original post by cambio wechsel
Starts with a hard c, rhymes with hunt.

That particular word is probably the third most common in my vocabulary, aside from 'the' and that other word which starts with the letter F and means a special mummy-daddy cuddle.
I don't. I find it such an ugly word in particular. I can't remember ever saying it actually, even though I do use other swear words (admittedly not that often).
Reply 19
I know a lot of people that utterly despise this word. Why do a lot of you hate it? Its just because of how the word sounds or is what the word means that you don't like?

The word doesn't bother me. Its not a word I say often but if someone else says it around me, I don't really bat an eyelid, unless they are calling me it ofc lol.

Quick Reply

Latest